Connection

Today's the day of the photo shoot with Tom. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty excited. We woke up early, because it was a two hour drive to the photo studio. On the way there Tom sleeps, I listen to music and Haz - who we picked up on the way - is also asleep.

   My music plays, and I watch out the window. I definitely prefer sun over rain. My phone bings, it's Mr. H.

   It reads "Hey Katie, I just wanted to update you on Matilda. She's doing alright, the tube came out last night, and we will be in the hospital for a little while longer."

I feel bad for Matilda, but I know she wouldn't want me to pity her. It's has been really hard for her to be calm about this whole situation, so the sooner she is out of the hospital the better it is. For her and Mr. Hiddleston. I text back a Thanks, and I wish Matilda well.

    It's not much longer until Haz wakes up. He turns and whispers to me, "let's scare Tom."
Harrison pulls out his phone and starts recording, I lean over and grab Toms arm he jumps and screams; causing the driver to swerve a little.

I giggle uncontrollably, while Harrison saves the video. We mess around the rest of the car ride, the driver of the car look amused. The driver pulls the car to a park in front of the photography studio. We ride the lift up to the 17th floor, and when the silver doors open we are greeted with chaos.

Music blasts through the speaker systems vibrating the floor, studio lights flash when the photographer takes a picture. An over- whelming sense of panic bombards me, well Tom seems calm, cool and collected.

   "This way Kit." Tom says leading the through the sea of people. He shows me over to a quieter area, with a sofa and a telly. "You can leave your bag here, the photographer will be round in a minuet." I set my bag down, and run my fingers through my hair. A woman with boy cut hair, that's dyed a light shade of pink comes over. She has three ear rings on both ears, her lips coated with a light shade of red.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Cheyenne and I will be your photographer for today." She looks to be just a bit older than Tom. Cheyenne and Tom shake hands, then Tom dose his signature greeting, he kisses her cheek.

"Right then, Tom follow me over to wardrobe. I just have to finish with my other client then I can start with you two."

Tom follows Cheyenne over to wardrobe, while I sit on the couch and watch the beauty of the chaos unfold in front of me. I yawn and stretched my arms, I've been here nearly a week and I'm still jet legged.

   I sit down on the couch and pull my knees to my chest. Harrison sits down at the other end of the couch and crosses his legs, "Kit if you want you can sleep for a little bit." As he speaks I nod off into a dream.

•••

   "Katie, wake up now." Harrison says softly shaking my shoulder. "Wardrobe needs you." Half asleep, I sit up and follow the assistant over to the far wall. A man with grey hair, and an accent that I can't quite figure out pops out from behind on me of the clothing racks.

   "Ahhh! A baby!" He squeals, he "Dolly's" over and kisses both my cheeks. Maybe he's French. "Nice to meet you my name's Tan. Baby girl don't look so scared come, come follow me." I follow him deeper into the racks of clothing. One by one he starts pulling random articles of clothing off the racks, we eventually make it to a mirrored area and he stops.

He turns and faces me and smiles, he hands me an outfit. "Go try it on!" I look around, I purse my lips. "Right sorry," he turns around. I sigh, I change into the outfit that Tan has picked out for me.

"Finished." Tan turns around and claps his hands. The lose fitting shirt falls off my shoulders, and the shorts expose my muscular legs.

"Step up here baby girl." He says pulling me by the wrist, up to the mirrored area. He starts adjusting the shirt, he walks over to a box and starts rummaging. He pulls out a couple of gold accessories; gold stud earrings, a gold necklace and 4 or 5 bangle bracelets. "You're very quite, first time at a photo shoot like this?"

I nod, "is it that obvious." He laughs, and tucks the shirt into the shorts. "I have to ask because is driving me mad, what is your accent?" He smiles and continues to adjust my shirt.

"I'm Indian, but I lived in England for most of my life. So it's a fused accent, arms up baby girl." I put my arms above my head and tan continues to place pins. I watch him in the mirror and I see a man with a beard and a bun walks - actually more of struts - towards the mirror. Held wearing a pink jumper and grey trousers. As he gets closer to where we are I here him squeal,

"A baby! Come her babe." He also kisses both my cheeks then starts pulling my hair out of the bun. "I can work with this, good colour, excellent length mmmmhhh honey."

"Jonathan your going to scare the baby." Tan says. The man with the bun smacks his lips and claps his hands,

"My names Jonathan honey, and I'm going to be doing your gorgeous fro. Tan you almost finished?"

"Yup all done. Play nice." Jonathan pulls me back through the clothing isle. He sets me down in a chair and starts messing up my hair. While my hair and makeup are done by the wonderful and might I add flamboyant. Jonathan tells me all about how he and Tan are on a Television show called 'queer eye'. He and a bunch of other men make over straight guys.

"Okay babe, your finished. Head on over there, and remember everyday is leg day!"

"Did you just quite Rupauls drag race?" He smiles. I walk over to where the flashing lights are Tom is standing in front of a backdrop posing. The photographer has me stand next to Tom, we do a few where we are standing next to each other with serious faces. Then I have and idea,

"Tom, lets do Pas de deux." He smiles, I twist my back leg into an attitude and raise my arms to second arabesque. Tom wraps his arms around mine and the photographer snaps pictures.

"Gorgeous! Absolutely stunning." Tan and Jonathan stand and watch. "Good now Tom step out of the frame please, I want a few solo pictures of Katie."

Tom steps out of the frame and stands next to Harrison, who is also watching. "What am I supposed to do?"

"What ever feels right." I look around, and my gaze stops on Harrison and Tom. I lean forward on rise and put my arms in a V position above my head. The lights flash, but then Cheyenne stops. I stand up, "what's wrong?"

She turns to Tan and Jonathan "the outfit isn't working and her hair is covering her face."

"On it!" They both turn and run back to there stations. Tan comes back with a dance costume similar to my duet costume with Mal. Except the one doesn't have mesh and it's white. He hands Tom a towel and says "cover her." I change behind the towel, while Tom holds his eyes shut. After I've changed Jonathan comes over and sweeps my hair into a messy bun on top of my head.

"Okay that's better." Cheyenne says, "okay let's try this again." I bend down into my first pose and think to myself, 'my pointe shoes would make this photo better."