Sister

A/N
   I'm sorry for what your about to read, and pretty please listen to the song. It really sets the mood for the chapter.

Vote/comment my lovelies.

•••

   If I had the ability to look into time, past, present or future. I wouldn't have gotten out of bed today. My day started out okay, until the phone rang. With the worst possible new any best friend could hope for.

I got the call around lunch time, school started back today, so I was just on my way out of ballet class. It was dad who called me, I immediately could tell that something was wrong. "Hey dad, what's up?" I asked putting my dance bag in my locker.

"Katie-" that's the first sign, he used my full name "somethings happened?"

"What? What's wrong?" I ask, feeling my heart drop into my chest.

"It's Matilda. Something happened, some sort of complication." His voice sounds hoarse, and my stomach starts doing flips.

   "Daddy, is she okay?" I ask, my heartbeat so loud that I'm worried dad can hear it.

   "I don't think, Thomas didn't sound confident."

   "Confident about what?" I question, holding on tightly to my shirt.

   "Katie, she's in sugary. To try and fix what ever damage was done."

   "Daddy, come and get me please."

   "Katie I can't, you have school-"

   "Daddy, please come and get me" I beg him. I hear him, he's hesitant. "Please."

"Katie finish the day. Then you can see her right after school."

"But dad-" he cuts me off

"No, I'm sorry Katie." He hangs up the phone, Casey and Anna are there watching me, their expressions pained. Anna speaks first,

   "Kit, what's wrong?" She asks putting her hand on my arm.

   "It's Matilda, somethings happened."

   The rest of the day passed is a haze. Like the fog that sets heavy before it rains. Every noise I herd sounded like it was being played from an old radio. Questions spun round and round in my head all day, but I couldn't stop wondering. Is my best friend okay?

•••

I sat in the waiting room bouncing my foot. Mr. H pacing the floor, his mum and sister are both here. And my mum and dad siting next to me. It feels like hours of waiting, and waiting. Finally, a doctor walks through the door. I stand up out of my chair, and Mr. H raises his head.

   "Mr. Hiddleston, I'm Dr. Spade, Matilda's surgeon." He greets,

   "Is she alright? Was it her heart?" Mr. H questions nervously. The doctor shakes his head, and my heart dropped to my feet.

   "Matilda's scans and blood work showed, signs of Osteosarcoma." Mr. H goes whiter than a ghost.

   "Your telling me that my daughter has cancer?" The doctor nods gravely.

   "We ran more tests and determined that the type of  Osteosarcoma that she has, is Metastatic osteosarcoma. So it originally    started in her left leg, but it later speed to other parts of her body."

   "Can I see her?" I ask, all eyes turn to me.

   The doctor replies "no I'm sorry only family-" Mr. H but in,

   "She's family, Matilda's sister." He nods to me, the doctor looks between he two of us and shrugs.

   "She's still asleep. But I must inform you, this type of cancer is aggressive, and it's taken a toll on her leg, there is a chance she could lose it."

   My mum is the next to speak. "Matilda can't lose her leg, she's been through so much already."

"Please I just want to see her." Mr. H says. As we followed the doctor through series of hallways, I don't think I've ever been more scared in my entire life. Mr. H immediately goes to Matilda's side. She sleeps, with her left leg elevated. I stop in the doorway unsure of where to go next.

   "No mum I can't." I say, I step backwards out of the room. I step backwards until I bump into the wall, tears stream down my face. Unable to breath as my chest tightens, I grab at my throat gasping for air. "I can't loser her, I can't." I gasp in between sobs. A pair of arms wrap around me, trapping me in their embrace.

   Mr. H whispers into my hair. "I know Katie, I can't lose her either." I stand there in the hallway, warped in his arms crying. Unable to think clearly. My best friend, she's only fifteen, she can't have cancer...