Brusises

"But mum!" I argue across the kitchen table.

    "No buts Katie Maria, it's already set. And don't every raise your voice at me again. Now pull yourself together, we are going to see Matilda and Tom today."

•••

   "Hey Mr. H." I say solemnly, giving him a hugs. You can tell from first glance, that he's tired. His eyes are puffy, and it looks like he hasn't shaven in a week. "How is she?" I ask, tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

   "She's still asleep, you can go in and see her but just be gentle okay Katie." I nod, "also, she's connected to a lot of tubes. So don't be scared okay."

   "Okay" I whisper under my breath, my mum kisses my cheek and says she will be in the canteen. Mr.H shows me into Matilda's room and I'm instantly taken aback. He wasnt kidding, this is a lot of tubes. She has one covering her mouth, and what seems like millions in her arms and hands. She looks small.

   Mr. Hiddleston puts his hand on my shoulder. "It's okay Katie, it's still her. You can sit next to her, but I am going to take a shower." He grabs his bag, and disappears into the bathroom. I sit in the chair next to Mal, but I'm to scared to touch her. Is I do, I'm scared that she will break like glass.

   "Hey Mal, it's me Kit. I uhh, don't know what to say. This is a little weird and you probably won't remember this." I sit down on the chair that's next to her bed, "so umm your dads in the shower. He should be out soon. So uhm I'm going to LA for a little bit, to be with Tom. My Tom not yours. My mum says that have to go, to take some pictures. His agent set it up, not him. It's just going to be so awkward." I sit and watch her monitors beep. Then her hand moves, "Mal? Mal can you hear me?" She nods her head, but you can hardly tell. I hit the nurse call button that's above her head, the nurse comes in.

"Where is her dad?" He asks, raising the bed up to a better position for Mal.

"He's in the bathroom taking a shower." The nurse nods and starts asking Matilda all these questions. The doctor comes in a few minutes later and adjusts her meds and shines a light in her eyes.

"Matilda we can't take the breathing tube out just yet." He explains, Mr. H opens the door to chaos. I step out of the way, and Mr. H start using what Mal calls his 'soft' voice. "Mr. Hiddleston, we have to leave the breathing tube in for a bit longer. Just another day, to make sure that everything is okay." I quickly step out of the room, the rain pours down the glass window and a man in a wheel chair rolls past. I wish that I had put a jumper on, Mr, H comes out of the room looking a little less tired now.

"Katie are you all right?" He asks, I pace the length of the window holding my elbows. I wave him off,

"I'm fine sir, thank you for asking. And please call me Kit, everyone does."

   "Kit alright. The doctor will only be a moment, if you want to go back in and see her." He offers gesturing towards the room.

   "Mr.H can I ask you for some advice." He nods, "next week I have to fly to LA to see Tom. And the only reason I am going is for press, he didn't even set it up his assistant did. I really don't even know what advice I'm asking for. I'm just scared it's going to be awkward." I rant.

   "Katie - Kit, my advice would be don't let it be awkward he's your brother, and it's should never be awkward with family."

   "Thanks Mr. H. Umm is it okay if I go in and see Matilda? To say goodbye."

I walk past the doctor, who is going to talk to Tom. The nurse finishes writing something down on Matilda's chart, and he hangs it on the end of her bed. "Hey, felling any better Mal? Right the tube you can't talk."

She just stares at me. "Well I've got to go and find my mum. I just wanted to say goodbye. I'm going to LA, for a few weeks to be with Tom, my Tom. I'll visit you when I come back."

Mal lifts her bandaged wrapped hand, I take it gently. She looks me in the eye, but it's weird. The toughest person I know, looks vulnerable. "See you soon my crazy Canadian friend."

A/N
Hey beauties! So I'm sorry that these first few chapters have been mostly fluff, but I promise that we are getting to the good stuff!

Vote, comment and rock on beauties!