Photograph

"Kit wake up." Mum says, gently shaking my shoulder. "You overslept love, it's 10." The grogginess takes over, as I slowly open my eyes.

   "Mum it's Saturday." I say rubbing my eyes and rolling on to my back.

   "Yes I know but I have to go to work, it's still raining a little. Did you have a nice time at dinner last night?" She's asks opening my curtains.

   I prop myself up on my elbow, "ya it was good. What do you mean you have to work? I thought you had the day off."

"I did, but I have to go in and cover for Nancy. The twins and Patty are here, Kit be civil please I know things are hard but the twins are convinced you hate them."

"I kind of do Mum, there leaving just like Tom left." She gives me the 'Mum' look before walking out of my room. I get up make my bed and get dressed in a jean skirt and a nude colour jumper. My hair is still curly from yesterday so I leave it how it is. Dad isn't home today, and now Mum isn't either. So it's just the boys and I. I grab my phone from it's charging stand, and make my way down stairs. Patty's sitting on the couch watching cartoons. And Sam and Harry are sitting at the computer desk. I jump over the back of the couch and sit next to Patty.

   "What we watching little man?" I ask, he snuggles up to my side.

   "Cartoons!" He says, Patty and sit and watch the Telly together. "Kit i'm hungry, can you make me a sandwich?"

   "No you make it yourself." He rolls off the couch and makes himself a snack. I quickly text Mal to apologize for last night.

   "Hey Kit," Sammy says "Harry and I want to spend the day with you and Patty. So we were thinking about going to a park, and taking some pictures."

   "Okay cool, I'll go get my coat."

•••

About two hours later I've completely forgotten that I'm mad at my brothers. Our small sibling outing has turned into a full photo shoot, curtesy of Harry.

"Good, now look this way Kit." Harry instructs. I've got my back to a fence and I'm staring of into the distance. I take some of the boys, play fighting in the field with my vintage style camera. Then out of no where, it's starts to rain. And not the soft kind of rain, total down pour. We all dance and play in the rain, while Harry snaps some more pictures.

•••

   I'm sitting at my desk, working on my math homework. I've changed into warms pants and a jumper. I've twisted my hair into a bun to try and tame it.

   "Hey Kit, can we come in?" Sammy asks from outside my bedroom door. "Ya come in." I respond turning around. The boys come in with Harry holding his arms behind his back.

   "We wanted to give you something." Sammy whispers. Harry pulls out a present wrapped in purple. He hands it to me, and gestures for me to open it. I carefully un wrap it, there are three wrapped picture frames.

   The first picture frame has a picture of me kissing Patty on the cheek. The second one is Sammy tackling me from behind while I laugh, and the third one, is of me and Sammy dancing in the rain. "The pictures are to remind you of us while we're gone."

   "There perfect I love them." Harry hands me a memory stick, "are these the rest of the pictures?" He nods.

   "Well finish your home work."  Sammy says as he and Harry leave the room "also, Mum said that dinner is at 7." The boys leave and close my door. I empty one of my selfs to make room for the pictures. Kinda like how I have to make room in my heart to forgive my brothers for leaving me.