Heal

I pull my coat further around my body, the rain drizzles from the grey sky. I look over at mum, the nausea overwhelms me. "It'll be alright Katie." The front door opens, Mr. Hiddleston wearing black trousers and a light blue tshirt. He looks so tired,

"Hey, come on in." The house is quite, and eerie feeling. "Matilda's in her bedroom, but she's not doing so well. She's still connected to a lot of machines." I look at Mr. Hiddleston with sad eyes, I reach my arms around his neck and hug him. Half heartedly he hugs me back.

"I'm going to go see her." I say, I squeeze mums hand. As I walk up the stairs I here mum comforting Mr. H, he's started crying.

The door to Matilda's room is open just slightly and my heart breaks just a little. She's lying in her bed asleep, but she looks so small. With an IV in her hand and a breathing tube around her nose, she could be the tallest person in the world but she would still be small.

A small hoarse voice comes from the bed, " I lived bitch." I smile, not a big smile but it's there. I walk over to her bed and sit down next to her. "How did it-" she stops to lick her lips "go with Tom?" She asks,

"Oh it was all right, the photo shoot was fun, and I met his friend Zendaya. She was nice."

"That's good, I'm happy for you." She says closing her eyes "so, if you can't tell already. I'm not getting better, obviously."

   I swallow the lump in my throat, and smile. "Well that gives you a pretty damn good excuse, to watch movies all day and eat ice cream."

   "That sounds good, you could put a movie in if you'd like." I set up a show for us to watch, Friends. It's funny and lighthearted, nothing serious or sad. I sit next to Mal in her bed, she's wearing grey sweatpants and a knitted jumper. There's and IV tube In her hand connected to the machine. I watch with her until she falls asleep, I quietly get up off her bed and sneak out of the bedroom.

"I can't lose her, I've just found her." I hear Tom says to mum. I sit down on the stairs and listen to their conversation, "you're not going to lose her. She's such a tough girl, she will be fine."

Mums right Mal is tough, she will make it. Because she has too.

•••

The car ride back to our flat is quite. I nervously play with the hem of my jumper. "You're being very quite darling. What's wrong?"

"What if Matilda doesn't make it through this? What will happen then?" I ask,

Mum thinks for a moment before responding. "Remember when Mal was attacked by that cab driver?" - I nod "she made it through that, Katie she has survived through so much. She lived through the death of her family, she moved across the world, she was bullied as a child and yet she remains as strong, and she never stops fighting. Kind of like a fire."

A/N

Sorry for such a lame chapter. If you have anything you want to see Kit do, try or deal with PM me of leave it in the comments!

   Vote, comment and rock on!