Shotgun

"It's dance day! It's dance day!" I squeal, running into Toms bedroom. I'm in my leotard and trash bag shorts already. My hair pulled back into a bun.

Tom got back pretty late so he's still half asleep, "Yes Kit I know," he grumbles propping himself up, "I'll be up and ready in a few minuets. Then we can go", streaks of white and black still spread across his face.

I jump up in the air, because sometimes excitement is hard to contain. Tom chuckles at me, I run out of his room and back into mine. I throw all different styles of shoes into my bag. I have no idea what I'm going to work on today, I'm just excited to have a chance to dance.

Half an hour later Tom, my incredibly slow brother, is finally ready to go. I run down the stairs and throw myself into the cab. Tom tells me to calm down, or he's going to make me run. I buzz the entire car ride, excitement oozing out of me.

As the car pulls up out front of the adopted dance studio, Tom turns to me and says "behave, and dance your freaking heart out." I give him a quick peck on the cheek and open the car door "I'll be back later!" Tom calls,

"Okay-" I holler back but I'm already running through the door. The woman working behind the front desk points me to the studio. I thank her quickly, and disappear down the hall. 

   It's a spacious studio, mirrors cover 3 of the 4 walls. The walk that doesn't have mirrors has tall windows that look out into the LA traffic. Plugging my phone into the speaker, I start my stretching playlist.

   I warm my body up, stretching my muscles starting from the top of my head and working all the way down to my feet. When I finally feel warm enough, I pull my pointe shoes out of my bag.

   Placing gel squares on the ends of my toes I tape them into place, I slide my toe pads over top of my toes. I lace up my pointe shoes, and the excitement lifts me up off of the floor.

I lamely run through old patterns, making sure my body remembers how to move. I start a new piece of music and improv. With every jump and spin, I fall in love with ballet all over again. A few songs later the studio door opens, and Tom walls in.

"Having fun?" He asks, smiling at me. He glances quickly down at my feet and cringes. "I will never, ever understand why you torture your feet like that."

I pull myself up onto my pointes and do a half hearted turn. "I'm used to it," I round my leg into a small fourth position, moving my arms through port de bras at the same time. I Plié, then spin into a foutte turn. Landing a little louder than I should, "remember how to turn?" I poke.

With a role oh his eyes Tom kicks off his street shoes, and stands next to me. We prep together, and then simultaneously send ourselves into a turning sequence.

I'll give it to my brother, seeing how he hasn't done ballet in a very long time I'm impressed at how well he remembers all the moves. But still, I can out turn him in my sleep.

"Alright, alright you win!" Time exclaims, falling out of his turn. "Winner picks lunch, where do you want to go?"

   Half hour later Tom and I are sitting across from each other in a local restaurant. "Are you filming tomorrow?" I ask, sipping my lemonade.

  Tom nods, looking up from his food. "Do you want to come to set? It will probably be boring-"

   "NO!" I exclaim, a few heads turn in my direction "no, I want to come. If that's okay?" Tom smiles,

   "It's always okay."

•••

  The next day I'm hanging out with in Toms trailer with Zendaya. She insisted on doing my hair.

   "Have you ever died your hair?" I ask, as Zendaya twists my hair into a braid. She nods,

  With a tilt of her head she responds "why? Have you?"

   "No, I've never been brave enough to actually do it. I've always thought about dying it platinum blond." Zendaya a eyes glimmer with a mischievous smirk. She drags me into the hair and makeup trailer. 45 minuets later, I'm in a platinum blond wig that hovers slightly above my shoulders.

   "Oh. My. God. I love it!" I am actually speechless, "if only it was permanent." Zendaya smiles,

   "It can be, just check with your parents and we can go to the salon on my day off. Do you want to go freak  Tom out?" She asks, I follow her out of the trailer. Through the mess of people and equipment, until we reach the set.

  Zendaya points out Tom, in his Spider-Man suit. I nod, and silently sneak up behind him.

   "Boo!" Tom jumps, squeals and turns around to face me.

   "AH KIT, your scared m- Kit your hair!" He says fazed,

   "Do you like it?" I ask running my fingers through it, his face goes ghost white.

   "Mum is going to kill me."

   A/N
    It me I'm back from Europe! It was beautiful, and hot. Me being the pasty white Canadian girl I am, I don't do well with heat. But still, I'm back and I'm hoping to finish the book soon. And then maybe a one shot book is in my future.

   Remember to vote and comment, and if you have any chapter requests let me know.

   All my love,

    Xoxo