Taffy X Child!Reader X Olive

Requested by -Hinatai-

-----------------------------------------

Taffy watched as (Y/N) played in the grassy field with Olive.

He was relaxing under a large tree, grateful for the protection from the sun. A cool breeze ruffled the feathers on his wings and he sighed in contentment.

It really was a peaceful day.

(Y/N) and Olive laughed loudly as they played. Olive chased (Y/N) and picked them up, throwing them into the air and then catching them. (Y/N) squealed in joy as they were thrown.

"Don't drop them." Taffy warned from where he was sat.

Olive turned to him and smiled. "I won't!"

"Just be careful!"

She rolled her eyes and placed (Y/N) down and chased them again.

Taffy sighed again. He stretched his limbs and wings out and stood up.

He hummed as he walked down the grassy hill to where the two cherubs were playing.

Olive was throwing (Y/N) up in the air again. (Y/N) was giggling and encouraging her to throw them higher.

Taffy knew that this wouldn't end well. He kept his eyes on the two as he speed walked down the hill.

(Y/N) noticed him and pointed, a wide grin on their face. Olive set them down and they ran towards the approaching seraph.

Taffy crouched down and opened his arms, wrapping (Y/N) in a tight embrace when they leaped into his arms.

The young cherub giggled as Taffy stood up and walked towards Olive. The older cherub smiled warmly at them.

"Is (Y/N) your new favourite, Taffy?" Olive teased, pinching (Y/N)'s cheek.

Taffy glared at her and a faint blush appeared on his cheeks.

"They're too cute! It's not my fault!" He retorted, pouting at her.

Olive giggled at the flustered seraph.

"And they're innocent.... far too innocent for a world like this." Taffy mumbled, looking down at the child in his arms. "So I guess they're a breath of fresh air."

Olive frowned, understanding what Taffy meant.

The blue skies and rainbows were juxtaposed by the tyrannical god that ruled over them. He was cruel to his subordinates, subjecting them to horrific torture sessions for no reason.

Taffy was Fumus' main target, he took most of the torture and assault. Olive couldn't understand why Fumus would harm any of his creations, let alone his head angel.

"What will happen when they get older?" Taffy's eyes widened. "They don't deserve torture."

(Y/N) looked up at him, not quite understanding what he was so afraid of.

Olive bit her lip and looked away.

"Nadine got out before, she escaped." Olive whispered after a moment.

Taffy stared at her.

"I doubt anyone else could escape. Lord Fumus was furious, he's not going to be that careless again."

"So, what do we do?" Olive asked him.

Taffy looked down at the young cherub in his arms and stroked their hair. Their small wings fluttered and they snuggled into his chest. Taffy smiled for a brief moment before meeting Olive's worried gaze again.

"We wait. See what happens in the future." He answered.

Olive glanced down at (Y/N) and then back at Taffy. Her eyes scanned his face for another answer, but he gave none.

"Alright then, we wait." She sighed, her voice trembling.

"I won't let anyone harm the two of you." Taffy's wings wrapped around Olive and brought her close.

Olive caressed (Y/N)'s face with shaking hands. (Y/N) grabbed her hand and held it, smiling. Olive smiled.

"A fraction on innocence in this cruel world." Her thumb rubbed the back of (Y/N)'s hand.

"I hope you remain a little ball of happiness, (Y/N)." Taffy whispered. "We really need it."

The small cherub reached up and touched Taffy's face with their other hand. His red eyes softened at their touch and he smiled sadly down at them.

"We'll get out of here one day. I promise."

-----------------------------------------

Taffy X Olive is wholesome af