Sal X Shy!Female!Reader

Requested by: gachalifesucks

(S/C) - Sea Creature
-----------------------------------------
It was a lovely day in the Sea Kingdom.

The sun rays stretched towards the sea bed, bathing the crystal blue water in a soft golden glow. The waves swayed gently as if mimicking a breeze.

(Y/N) was strolling along the Coral Path, watching the coral lining the path sway gently. The soft reds and blues of the coral created a calming aura.

"Hey (Y/N)!" Someone called her name from behind.

(Y/N) tensed up and turned around. She relaxed a bit when she noticed it was Sal. The albino shark was swimming towards her, waving.

"Hi Sal," She responded in a timid voice as he approached her.

Sal smiled at her, his red eyes glistened in the sun rays.

"You walk fast!" He laughed. "Princess Uomi requested your presence back at the castle. I was sent to find you, I looked everywhere!"

"Sorry," The (s/c) apologised quietly.

"It's fine!" He laughed again. "Anyway, let's get going, we don't want to keep Princess Uomi waiting!"

(Y/N) was a member of Princess Uomi's court, alongside Helica, Pulmo, Tatsumiya and Sal.

Due to the rumours of an Ambassador for the Sea of Death possibly appearing, Princess Uomi was calling for more meetings to discuss this dilemma.

(Y/N) and Sal travelled back to the castle to meet with Princess Uomi and the rest of the court members.

As they suspected, it was another discussion about the infamous Ambassador alongside some minor kingdom queries.

"Hey (Y/N)!" Sal chirped as they walked through one of the many hallways of the castle.

"Yes?" She replied.

"Would you like to go to the Sea of Stars with me sometime?" He asked.

The (s/c) blushed and played with her hair nervously.

"S-sure. I-I would love to." (Y/N) returned his smile with a small one of her own.

"Wonderful!" Sal cheered. "Hopefully we can go later this week, when we don't have many duties!"

They came to the end of the hallway and turned to each other.

"I need to go this way," (Y/N) shyly pointed behind her. "So we part ways now."

"Oh okay!" Sal smiled at her once again. (Y/N) wondered if he could only smile, he never seemed to have a different facial expression apart from happy.

"See you later, (Y/N)!" The albino shark waved at her and swam down the right hallway.

(Y/N) watched him swim down the hallway and turn down another one. She then turned and walked down the other hallway, her heart pounding from the conversation.

¤             ¤            ¤               ¤

Sal and (Y/N) watched in awe as the shining stars fell to the seabed, decorating it in a beautiful glow.

It was truly a stunning sight.

"Wow. The Sea of Stars never fails to amaze me." Sal said.

"Y-yea, it's phenomenal."

"Big words, (Y/N)." Sal chuckled.

"Well it is!" She defended, her face flushing in embarrassment.

The shark giggled. "No, no! I agree! I'm just messing with you!"

(Y/N) glanced at him before turning back to the spectacle before her. They sat in comfortable silence for a while, enjoying each others company and the stars.

"We should hang out more." Sal said.

"R-really?"

"Yep! But only if you want to, I know you can get uncomfortable in crowded areas-"

"I would like that."

(Y/N) turned to Sal and gave him a gentle smile, which he returned immediately. (Y/N)  swore the blush under his eyes seemed to deepen.

"Y'know, there's an island of stars~" Sal sang. "I could take you there~"

"Is it far?"

"A bit but long distance swimming is my speciality!"

"Alright then,"

"Climb on, I'll take us there!"

(Y/N) blushed and shakily climbed onto Sal's back and he swam off in the direction of Star Isle.

The sea was beautiful at night. The moon rays covered the sea in a silver blanket and the lights from the buildings in the Deep Sea Town twinkled.

"It's nice up here." (Y/N) said quietly.

"Yea, it is, but wait until you see Star Isle! That place has plants with stars on them! Well- it's star fruit, so not actual stars." Sal frowned slightly.

"It seems cool anyway." (Y/N) said.

Sal smiled again and swam towards the surface and broke through the water.

"Look,"

(Y/N) noticed a small island near them and stared at it.

Sure enough, there were stars on the plants! But the most impressive thing was the large, crescent-shaped tree that seemed to hold the moon. The tree was covered in glowing star fruits like the rest of the plants.

It was beautiful.

"Woah," (Y/N) breathed in awe. She leaned back against Sal's dorsal fin.

"Do you like it?" Sal asked.

"Yes," (Y/N) replied quietly. "Thank you."

"I can take you to all the other islands, there's so many!" Sal exclaimed in excitement.

"W-would you?"

"Sure! I love spending time with you!"

(Y/N) blushed and hid her face in her hands.

"Sooooo do you want to see them?" Sal asked.

"Yes please."

"Then it's a date!" Sal cheered.

"W-what?!" (Y/N) squeaked.

"A date!" Sal repeated. "We can go on others as well! Do you want to go on a date with me?"

(Y/N) blushed.

"Y-yes." She stroked Sal's back. "I-I would love to go on a d-date with you."

"Yay!" Sal cheered. He swam around in circles. "We'll gave so much fun! We can go on walks, picnics- oh! So many fun things!"

(Y/N) giggled.

"Calm down, it's late, we can plan tomorrow." (Y/N) shushed him.

"Okay then!" Sal buzzed with giddiness. "We can have a date tomorrow!"

"T-that's not what I-"

"Just kidding~" The shark sang. "I loooooove you~"

(Y/N) tensed up and played with her hair.

"I love you too." She mumbled.

"Sooooo cute~"