Kcalb X Reader

Requested by XxNyanCat808Xx.
-----------------------------------------
Kcalb was confused.

He was supposed to be a feared entity, he was supposed to strike fear into the hearts of angels whenever they mentioned his name.

He wasn't supposed to get flustered around his subordinates. He wasn't supposed to have a warm feeling in his chest whenever he talked to (Y/N).

The devil didn't like it. He didn't understand why he had feelings for a subordinate. He felt ashamed that he was embarrassed to even talk to (Y/N).

He confided in his other subordinates about what he should do. Yosaflame suggested he just talked to (Y/N) and be honest about his feelings, Lost agreed with him. Cranber suggested making a delicious meal and inviting her to dinner.

Kcalb decided to just be honest to her. Besides, he didn't want to know what, or who, Cranber would make a 'delicious meal' out of.

¤         ¤         ¤         ¤           ¤

After a short battle with some of Etihw's angels, the devil went to look for (Y/N). He wouldn't admit it, but it deeply worried him that he couldn't see her anywhere.

Relief washed over hin when he found (Y/N) cleaning the blood off of her weapons. She heard him approach and looked up at him, smiling.

"Greetings, Lord Kcalb!"

He nodded his head in return.

"Phew! That was a difficult battle! Those angels are getting too cocky!" She giggled. "One of them injured me, I thought I was dead for sure, but I manage to overpower them!"

"Are you alright?" Kcalb asked, crouching next to her.

She lifted her right arm up to show a deep gash that went across her ribcage. Blood stained her clothes around the wound.

"The bleeding isn't as bad as it was." She smiled, wincing in pain.

Kcalb reached out and gently placed his hand over the wound. His hand glowed slightly and, after a moment, he took it away.

The wound was gone, it was like she hadn't just been injured. All that was left was a faint scar, and the blood on her clothes, where the wound was.

(Y/N) stared in disbelief and touched her new scar. She turned to Kcalb with a big grin.

"Thank you, Lord Kcalb! You're so generous!"

"You're welcome." He smiled back at her. "Oh and (Y/N)?"

"Yes?"

"You can just call me Kcalb."

¤     ¤      ¤      ¤     ¤      ¤      ¤

Over the next few weeks, in between battles, Kcalb and (Y/N) enjoyed each other's company.

(Y/N) would bake sweet treats for the devil, after she discovered he had a sweet tooth, and he would blush profusely when she gave him the food.

Kcalb was still too embarrassed to be honest about his feelings, which annoyed his subordinates.

Yosaflame warned him about bottling up his emotions and Lost silently agreed with him. Cranber was persistent about the meal offer, despite Kcalb refusing. Arbus and Ater liked to tease the devil, making snide comments whenever he was with (Y/N), resulting in them receiving a harsh glare.

"Are you alright?" (Y/N)'s concerned voice caught Kcalb's attention.

He turned away from Arbus and Ater to look down at the demon. He nodded, blushing slightly.

"Why do you let them get away with things?" (Y/N) scolded him. "They're your subordinates, they should listen to you!"

Kcalb averted his gaze.

(Y/N) placed a hand on his arm and smiled at him. His eyes stared at her hand on his arm and he smiled back.

"Promise me."

"Hmm?"

"Promise me you'll remain by my side."

(Y/N) stared wide-eyed at the devil, her face flushed.

"W-what?"

"Stay with me." Kcalb repeated, grabbing her hands with his. "Please."

"I will, Lord- I mean, Kcalb."

"Thank you."

¤    ¤    ¤     ¤     ¤     ¤     ¤    ¤

Yosaflame, Lost and Cranber watched from the distance as Kcalb and (Y/N) sat together in a small clearing.

"They're cute together." Cranber grinned. Lost nodded in agreement.

"Indeed they are," Yosaflame narrowed his eyes. "Hopefully, it doesn't get in the way of the war."

"Why would it?" Cranber asked. "They're both strong and skilled."

"But naive." Yosaflame responded, glaring at the other demon. Cranber knew it was better to leave the conversation at that and started to walk away.

"Let's leave them to it. Besides I have a new recipe to try out~"

Lost followed her, Yosaflame glanced at Kcalb and (Y/N) one last time before trailing after them.

Kcalb wrapped his arm around the demon that had cuddled against his side. Her tail was wrapped loosely around his leg and one of her wings stretched across his back.

She was warm.

Kcalb blushed and held her tighter. He enjoyed the brief moments he had with her, she was so kind to him.

That's what he loved about her.

"How long do you think we have until another attack?" (Y/N) asked sleepily.

"I'm not sure." Kcalb sighed.

(Y/N) looked up at him and smiled. Kcalb smiled back, a hand caressing her face. (Y/N) leaned into his touch, blushing.

"I love you."

"I know."

"Huh?"

"It's pretty obvious, Kcalb." (Y/N) smirked at him. "I was wondering when you'd actually say it."

She cupped his face in her hands and sat up, blushing still. Kcalb brought his face closer to hers and pressed his cool lips against hers.

They pulled away and Kcalb hid his face in the crook of her neck, embarrassed. (Y/N) giggled and wrapped her arms around him, stroking his white hair. Kcalb eventually relaxed and lay his head against her shoulder, being careful of his horns. They lay like this for a while, basking in each others company.

"Oh! I forgot something!" (Y/N) exclaimed. Kcalb raised his head and looked at her expectantly. She pecked his lips and grinned, he whined and blushed again.

"I love you too~"