ch6

"This is the game ladies so we must bring it!" i hear Tessa yell, her attention seeking voice vibrating through the air. She tosses her long flame colored hair behind her shoulder, the wind catching it. Elizabeth, along with a couple other cheerleaders waves her pom poms in excitement and the crowd roars. One of the cheerleaders, Addison, hugs Elizabeth from behind and Elizabeth starts laughing, joy radiating off of her.

Daniel and i sit in the crowd at the football game. He's been dragging me to these for months and i've never bothered to ask why. Now i know that he wants to try out and he had to wait for the tryouts which are in 2 weeks.

The game went by in a blur but ultimately ended with our team winning and Tessa sucking the life out of Nathan's face, the team captain.

The crowd starts leaving so Daniel and i get up to go to his car. As we're leaving, i see Tessa leading her squad towards the parking lot. There is a big party tonight for the populars. I catch sight of Elizabeth, just behind Tessa's right shoulder. She has her raven hair pulled away from her face with a blue hair band. She's talking to a couple of cheerleaders walking behind her. I smile in her direction but she doesn't even glance at me. I can't help but feel a little bit disappointed.

***

Saturday comes and goes with no excitement. But today, on Sunday, i'm supposed to go to Elizabeth's house to work on the project more.

I get the train over to her house and ring the doorbell. She pulls open the door.
"Hey, come in," she says stepping out of the way, "just go straight ahead and you'll reach the living room" I go as she says.

Her house is old, but a beauty. It is made out of white colored bricks and is huge. There are two sets of stair cases leading up to the second floor. Beneath where the two stair cases meet, there is a long hall. I head down the hall and find myself in a huge open space with many windows. I sit on one of the two white couches.

She follows me into the room and laughs as i stare in awe. Her laugh echoes around the room, reflecting off of the tall ceiling. She sits down on the couch and places her books on the coffee table. I do too. We decide to stay here for  20 minutes and have some coffee, before heading to her kitchen island and working.

She returns with two coffees in her hands. She gives me one of them and i lean back on the white couch, sipping the coffee. She smiles to herself as she drinks the coffee.

"What are you smiling about?" i ask her. I regret it now, oh no, fuck, what have i done. I do not have enough self confidence. As if a popular will want to talk to you about what is going on in her mind.

"Just how happy i am," she starts, "I have amazing teachers, amazing family and amazing friends"

Is she calling Tessa amazing? There are many words to describe Tessa but amazing isn't one of them.

"How so?" i ask her timidly.
Elizabeth looks away, an unreadable expression on her face, "Tessa is so confident, alluring, not to mention she's stunning." The way she said it wasn't out of jealousy or happiness for her friend.

I can't disagree with what she said. She has such confidence in herself, the way she strides down the hallway everyday. She certainly is alluring, everyone stops what they are doing just to watch her. And she certainly is beautiful, her firey hair making her prominent features pop.

But those things don't cancel out the negatives.

After an hour of research, she puts her pencil down. "I'm so bored".
She puts her head in her hands for thirty seconds. When she finally takes her hands away, she has a grin on her face and she is staring at me.
"Do you wanna go get milkshakes?"

this story is 100% going to continue.

hi guys!

i hope you enjoyed this chapter!

i've been thinking about doing a few chapters in elizabeth's pov, not too soon, but at some point.

and also a chapter or two in tessa's pov, but that's quite far away from now.