ch20

TESSA'S POV  *FLASHBACK*

I walk towards the entrance of the school where Bella and Lizzy are waiting for me. Their queen. The snow is falling and has whitened my red hair. "Good morning Tessa!" Bella says and Elizabeth offers me a smile. I just take my place in the triangle and push open the school doors.

Just as expected, all eyes on me. My high heels create loud taps as they move through the halls. Yes, it is a freezing winters morning. And yes, i am still dressed like a slut. All of these boys need to see what they ain't getting.

I throw my hair over my shoulder as i continue through the hallways with my two followers. I try not to make eye contact with any nerds but every once in a while i look at one for a split second, just so they have something to brag about. It's not like they have anything else.

***

My day is extraordinarily boring. Classes, good grades, nothing special. Eventually lunch comes and i go to the bathroom, just like i do before every lunch. I step in and fix my hair and makeup and make sure my clothes look good, like usual.

I leave and make my way to the lunch hall. Elizabeth and Bella are both standing there waiting for me so that they can go in. I once again take the centre spot of the triangle and push open the doors.

Just like this morning, conversation falls and eyes land on me. I smirk to myself as heads raise at every table. Some nerds even clap. We walk together towards the popular's table. I sit down next to Nathan and Bella and Elizabeth sit opposite me.

I look down the table, my table, in pride. I built this. "Can you imagine waking up and looking like a nerd?" i ask and immediately everyone at the table laughs. I grin at all of the laughter before my eyes land on Lizzy.

Daniel's arm is over her shoulder and she is slumping under his weight. I snap my fingers to gain her attention. Once she looks at me i give her a warning glare. She immediately sits up straight and i nod approvingly.

***

Just as slowly as lunch came, the end of the day arrived. I walk off to the locker room to change into my cheer uniform. Once i'm finished, i walk up to the gym to see that the tennis club are just finishing up. I push the door open and they all stop playing to look at me.

"My cheer team needs this hall so get out. Quick." i demand. "Yeah, sorry Tessa." the head of the club says. I shut the door and walk outside to get some fresh air while they pack away. I spot Elizabeth on her phone on the bench, already in uniform.

"Hey Lizzy." i say as i sit next to her. "Oh hi Tessa." she says with a bright smile. I pull my phone out and get on instagram.
"You know Brianna Thomson? She goes to Thistle High and she is their cheer captain." I tell her and she nods. "We are playing that school tonight and i want to see that bitch fail." i finish and she just looks at me. "You're great at cheer, i'm sure you'll be better." she says. "Yes i know." i reply.

"Scott!" Lizzy yells from beside me. I look up to see who she is talking to. Scott? A new boy? A footballer? I spot a boy waiting to get on the school bus. Ew. Definitely not popular then. Then i realize i've kind of met him before. He stopped Elizabeth's dog from running out of the park.

"Hi Elizabeth..." he replies slowly. "You coming to the game tonight? We need all the school spirit we can get!" she replies and i glare at her. If anyone saw her inviting a nerd to the game that could look very bad for us.

I stand up and take her wrist in an attempt to stop her talking to him. "Cheer..." i remind her and she follows me off. "Just be there!" she yells to him. I pull her back into the school. "Lizzy, he isn't like us. He's a nerd." i remind her. I really don't want to kick her off the populars. "Right..." she says looking down.
"Now come, we have practice" i say and lead her to the hall.

***

Nathan drives us to the school for the game, him in his gear and me in my uniform. When he parks up, we walk to the field. I kiss him and walk off to the cheerleaders and he walks off to the team.

"Alright girls, party tonight, my place." i tell them and they all agree to come. Unsurprising.
I get the team in position and begin the routine we have been practicing for so long. When we finish, Lizzy, Bella and i are standing on the shoulders of the other cheerleaders. "Cradle!" i yell and we all fall back into their arms.

We all celebrate and give eachother hugs.
"Tessa- It's Brianna." Sadie whispers to me and i turn around slowly on my heel. I narrow my eyes and walk towards the blonde captain.
The whole squad follows me. "Oh look who it is, Brianna Johnson." i say as i near her. She turns when she hears her name.

"Tessa Smith! You're routine was so good. I've seen your cheer videos on instagram but you are so much better in real life." she gushes and i roll my eyes. "I know i'm good, bitch. I deal with Tessa Smith super fans everyday. And my squad is a million times better than...this." i say motioning to her team. She looks confused as i walk off, throwing my hair in her face.

The whole team follows me away from her expect for Elizabeth. I watch as she tries to reason with Brianna before walking back to me. She doesn't say anything though. Better this way. She knows she can't challenge authority.

this story is 100% going to continue.

heyyy guys!

a day in the life of tessa smith.

queen tessa.

hope you guys enjoyed.

byeee!