ch15

As i approach Elizabeth crying in the courtyard, she glances up at me, throwing her hands across her cheeks trying to wipe off her tears. I look at her in concern, noticing it is raining.

"Elizabeth are you ok?" i ask when i reach her. She gives me a weak smile. "Would you believe me if i said yes?" I give her a small smile. "I don't think any excuse you give would make the cut." i joke sympathetically. I take a seat on the bench and she sits next to me, looking down.

"Tessa told me that i was ruining everything she worked for," she starts, her breath slightly hitched from crying, "that i was too nice. That i cant continue talking to people outside of the 'populars'" she air quotes.

"And that she's furious at me for talking to your friend after she 'disrespected her'." she continues, "and-" she cuts off, looking away.
"And what?" i prod for her to continue. She turns back to look at me.

"I hate trying to be someone i'm not." she looks into my eyes and takes a breath. "Im not in love with Daniel, or Alec. Daniel was entirely a forced relationship on my part and Alec - i don't even know what happened there" she tells me,

"In my old school, people thought i didn't have a mind of my own, that i would do exactly as others said. They walked all over me, used me for what they wanted then dropped me." she explains, trying to keep her voice from cracking. "I moved here, keeping a very clear aim in mind. Don't let yourself be used again Elizabeth." she states. I look up at her as she runs her hand through her hair.

"I didn't even realize that Tessa was doing the exact same thing." she whispers, letting the tears slip out of her eyes. She turns her head at lightning speed, hoping i wouldn't notice her crying. "I can't believe i was so stupid."

I place my hand on top of here. She looks down at it, before meeting my eyes. "Lizzy, listen to me. You're not stupid, don't say that. You're one of the smartest people i know. Let's be honest, i'm not the reason we did so well on the history project." i grin at her and she returns it.
"You really are incredible." i inform her. I look away a little embarrassed that i just called her that.

I glance back her way and see her face has been taken over by a gorgeous smile. I smile at her with confused eyes.
"Why are you smiling?" i ask. She glances back up at me, her eyes sparkling.
"You called me Lizzy." she whispers, her eyes bright and so full of life.

"I guess i did." i murmur back. I build up the bravery before leaning in, gently touching my lips to hers. She immediately reacts, throwing her hands over my shoulders and around my neck. She grins into the kiss and i do too, pulling her in by her waist.

We pull apart and she looks down, the smile still on her face, her hair falling over her shoulder. She eventually looks back up at me through her eyelashes. "I've kinda been waiting a long time to do that." she says giggling.
I laugh a little. "So have i". She tucks her hair behind her ear, and a frown replaces her grin.

What am i going to do?" she questions. "About Tessa?"
I take her hand and rub my thumb against it in slow circle motions. "Well, do you still want to be her friend?" i ask. She frowns. "I'm not so sure." I pull back a little distance so i can look at her. "I think you know what you need to do." i murmur.

She nods and stands up to head back into the school to find Tessa. She walks off towards the main door and i stay seated, looking down, trying not to be disappointed that she left.

Suddenly she runs right back to where i am. I glance up, confused, questioning what's she's doing. "She can wait until later." she exclaims before throwing herself at me. I pull her closer, my hand tangled in her wet hair while she locks her lips to mine firmly. The shock starts to settle in. The girl that i like who has always been way out of my league, is sitting here in the rain, kissing me.

That's about as good as it gets.

this story is 100% going to continue.

heyyy guys!

it finally happened.

after this chapter, i'll have probably couple more in scott's pov.

then i'll probably have one or two in elizabeth's pov and a few in tessa's pov.

hope you enjoyed!

byeee!