ch30

"You and Ben broke up?" Tessa questions, putting her fork down on the table. I nod in response, taking a small sip of my drink.
"He's a really great guy. But it's obvious that we are just friends. I mean, it was never a official relationship. We had both just got our hearts broken when we met eachother and tried to force something that was never going to work".

Tessa nods as i speak. "And then Scott told you he still loves you?" she asks and i nod once again. Tessa sighs. "Do you still...love him?" she asks me. I look down, pushing loose strands of hair behind my ear. "Honestly, i don't know."

"Well, i would be careful Lizzy. He's already broken your heart before - he could break it again." I glance around the crowded restaurant before turning back to Tessa.
"Yeah, you're right. I just didn't think i would ever see him again. And then when he showed up at my door earlier today and said all that stuff, i- " I stop talking, not knowing what else to say.

"I think i'm ready to pay." i say and Tessa nods, before calling someone over to give us the bill. We split it before heading out into the busy street. It's always busy in the afternoon. I give Tessa a quick hug before she gets into her car and heads back to her dance school. I get into my car and head to back as well for afternoon classes.

As i walk into the lecture, i mentally try to decide whether i should sit in my usual seat next to Ben or not. Before i can make a decision, i see Ben signalling for me to join him. "Hey pal." he greets me as i reach him. "Hi mate." i reply with a light laugh, sitting down.

"So, did you see the group chat? Jason invited the whole friend group out tonight to go and get ice cream and to just walk around the town". I nod my head.
"Oh yeah, that should be good fun. Hanging out with our friend group as just friends." i say with a grin. He responds with one as well.

"I, personally, can't wait to get the ice cream. Did you know they sell pancake flavour now?" he asks in shock. I laugh before turning my head back to focus on the professor.

***

I get dressed in a white short sleeve top, a black denim skirt and white trainers, straightening my black hair and putting on some light makeup. At about 9:00, my phone goes off. I quickly pick it up, looking at the notifications.

sister squad group chat 🤩👏

jason
Hey guys, are y'all ready?

ben
I've been ready for ages

michael
Yeah so have i, the girls are taking forever

lily
fuck off michael, i'm ready

me
so am i

jason
Come downstairs then

I head downstairs from my dorm as soon as i receive the text and see all the guys standing at the entrance of the building, looking outside.
"Hey everyone." i say as i approach. They all turn around at the sound of my voice.

As soon as Michael sees me, he groans in irritation before pulling out 10 dollars and handing it to Ben who is looking smug.
"Hey couldn't you have just taken a little longer, Elizabeth." he says.
"Haha, you're so salty bro." Ben laughs in response and i stand there as they go back and forth. I lean towards Jason slightly. "Fill me in?" i ask. "They made a bet about who out of you and Lily would be quicker down." he explains and i sigh at how childish they are but also can't help laughing a little.

Eventually Lily makes it down and we all head out, across the street where the restaurant is. We get dinner and also get slightly drunk, just a little. We then head to the ice cream shop, trying our best to order without slurring. We all order and once we have our ice creams, head back out into the street and walk around a little. All of a sudden it starts raining, a huge downpour of water flooding all over us.
"God dammit" Lily mutters as we both become soaked.

As the rain makes contact with my skin, my memory flashes back to Scott and i's first kiss. Back in high school, the rain was pouring down. I was sitting on the courtyard bench, crying, and he came out to comfort me. That was when i realised how i felt about him. How much i loved him.

I look down, trying to gather my thoughts. My friends laugh loudly and mess around in the rain, having a good time. But i am only focused on this distant memory of the two of us.

I look back up and over towards the park we're passing. About to look away again, i notice a figure sit down on the bench and then turn in our direction. Probably because my friends are so loud.

All of a sudden i realise that it isn't some random stranger. It's Scott. I stop walking, wondering whether i should go over to him. I cut away from the group, who are probably a little too tipsy to notice. I run across the street and stand on the edge of the park, trying to see in the downfall.

I walk slowly towards the bench, getting closer closer with each step, not exactly sure of what i was about to do, or even what i wanted to do. This is completely on impulse.
"Lizzy?" i hear through the loud rain. I recognise the slight hint of a british accent. "Lizzy, what are you doing out here without a jacket or an umbrel-" I throw myself into his arms and kiss him, slowly and deeply. He hesitated for a moment before returning the kiss. The rain topples down on us but neither of us care.

I pull apart, putting my head on his. "I just needed to tell you that i never stopped loving you either." He grins but it quickly turns into a frown. "Wait - your boyfriend-"
"We broke up." i say quickly. His smile returns as he leans in and kisses me once again. He pulls off his jacket and puts it over my shoulders, before pulling out an umbrella and putting it over the both of us.

I lay my head on his shoulder and we stay like that, never wanting this beautiful moment to end.

heyyy guys!

thank you so much for sticking around for the past 10 months!

this book was such a journey to write and i can't believe it's over!

there are more books on the way soon. i'm currently writing 'The Popular Girl (#2)' and (#3) will follow soon after.

the first few chapters of the second book will probably be released in the next month of so, so please stay tuned for that.

i really hope you enjoyed the book because i had the most amazing time writing it and i can't quite believe my time writing it has ended.

also it was by total coincidence that their first kiss was ch15 and now in ch30 they are back together, reliving the exact same thing.

i love you all so much!!!

byeee!