ch19

I walk up the huge steps to Tessa's mansion. After what happened at lunch today, i have to make sure she's ok. We were friends for many months after all.

I ring the door bell and wait for an answer. Eventually the locks are undone and i look at Tessa Smith. Only now her normally curled red hair is pin straight and no makeup is on her face.

"What do you want Winters?" she asks. "Can i come in?" She looks at me in confusion but steps aside to let me in. She leads me to her living room and sits on one of the couches. I sit opposite her, not knowing how to start this conversation with my ex best friend.

"Are you going to talk Elizabeth." she demands and i look up at her sighing. "I just wanted to say that i'm sorry. For what Bella said. And how she did it in front of the whole school." i finish quietly.

"I act the way i act to avoid getting hurt." she says out of nowhere. "But apparently it is inescapable. I watched as my boyfriend cheated on me with my new friend." I sit back and listen to her as she speaks. "I'm sorry for what i did to you." she finishes.

I look at her in shock. I was never expecting an apology from Tessa Smith. "I just- i saw something happening that i didn't like. As you befriended so many people, i saw my power lessen. And without power, i have no 'shield' against pain." she says, "And yes i know that sounds cringey, but there's no better explanation." she finishes before sitting back.

I don't know how to start. "I get it." i say quietly. "Tomorrow, come and sit with me at lunch." i tell her and she nods slowly. "And ignore Bella, and Lydia, and Nathan and focus on your school work and cheer." i stand up after saying all i came to say. "Right well i have to go now, but i'll see you at school." She nods before walking over to the front door. "Bye." she says quietly before closing it behind me.

***

The next day, we all sit at the lunch table, Carmen and Chris, Ashley and Ryan, and Scott and i. I let them all know that Tessa would be joining us just so there would be no problems.

Just as planned, Tessa enters the hall, all eyes on her, the old queen B. Her normally styled hair is left in messy beach waves, her full face makeup is reduced to a pink lip and her tight shirts and short skirts have been replaced by a big grey sweatshirt and black jeans. She still looks pretty though. Maybe that's why Bella doesn't want her around anymore.

 Maybe that's why Bella doesn't want her around anymore

She walks up to our table and stops behind me. "Oh hey Tessa- here, sit next to me." i say sliding along to make room for her. She smiles and sits down. "I just wanted to thank y'all for not letting me be friendless." she says gratefully. I know we're all thinking the same thing. You aren't exactly our friend Tessa. But nobody is that rude as to say it. "Of course." i reply.

Lydia and Bella enter the hall, just the two of them. That triangle of friends just keeps on changing. Tryouts to be the third member will happen soon probably. Ridiculous.

Tessa watches them as they make their way to the popular table. She tenses up a little when Lydia sits on Nathan's lap. I look at Lydia's face as she makes eye contact with Tessa. She gives Tessa a wicked smile as Nathan kisses her neck. Tessa forces herself to look away before stabbing her salad with the fork she was previously twirling.

"Was i that much of a bitch?" Tessa mutters. We all exchange looks with eachother. "No of course not..." Ashley says unconvincingly. "Don't lie to me." Tessa says and Carmen clears her throat. "Yes Tessa, you were kinda the worst." she says and Tessa gives her a humorous look. "Thanks for your honesty Carmen." she laughs a little.

"No but seriously Tessa, you need some honesty in your life. You're so used to bullying the "nerds" of the school and having them worship you." I explain to her.

"I was one of those nerds that you bullied. But i did not worship you" Scott says and i giggle a little. "With the exception of Scott of course." i laugh and he kisses the side of my head.

Tessa giggles before she sighs. "I just want you to know i'm sorry. I'm not the bitch i pretend to be." she says, "But i'll still fight a hoe." she finishes and we all laugh at the kind of break through.

After a little while of chatting and laughing, the bell goes signifying the end of lunch. I loop arms with Scott as we leave the hall. With everything that has been going on, he has always stayed by my side.

this story is 100% going to continue.

heyyy guys!

so elizabeth and tessa are kinda friends!

also that picture of bella thorne at the very top just makes me sad.

next chapter is tessa pov!

byeee!