ch10

I sit through the final period before lunch. When the bell goes, i pack my bag and leave the room. I make my way to the lunch hall.
I watch Daniel laugh with the rest of the football players whilst i sit alone at a nearby table.

At the exact same time as every other day, Tessa enters the lunch hall, Bella on her right and Elizabeth on her left. They all put smiles on their faces when they make eye contact with the populars.

Tessa takes her usual seat on Nathan's lap, fiddling with the ends of her hair. She mutters something and immediately everyone at the table laughs. My gosh, the effect the supreme popular has on the others.

Elizabeth sits next to Dan and he puts his arm over her shoulders. She slumps a little under his weight. Tessa gives her a sharp look and she straightens up, keeping a smile plastered on her face. The populars are so controlled by her.

A little later the bell rings and everyone rises to go to class. The rest of the day goes by fast. When the final bell rings, i go out through the doors and towards the bus. As usual, i see Tessa and Elizabeth sitting outside in their cheer outfits, waiting for the gym to clear out so they can use it for practice. The game is tonight so they have to clean up routines.

As i wait for the bus, i watch Elizabeth tap at her phone. Every once and a while the wind will blow her hair in her face and she will have to toss it away.

She suddenly looks up from her phone and I quickly turn away hoping she hadn't seen me staring. I think i got away wi-"
"Scott!" rings through the parking lot. Cringing, i turn in her direction.

"Hi Elizabeth..." i say slowly, intimidated by Tessa sitting next to her.
"You coming to the game tonight? We need all the school spirit we can get" this earns a glare from Tessa.
"Umm...i might...i don't know..."
Tessa grabs her arm in an attempt to lead her to the gym.
"Just be there!" she yells quickly over her shoulder before turning away and following Tessa.

A grin spreads across my face. Elizabeth fucking Winters asked me to go to the game!
Sure, it's not with her since she's cheering but she still asked me to go!
I make my way onto the bus, beaming.

***

"What do i wear to get noticed by her..." i say to myself. I settle on a white top, black jeans, and the official school hat with the school colours: yellow, blue and white.

Of course, the school bus doesn't take you to games so i get my bike out instead. It doesn't take me long to get to the school, 15mins at most. I leave my bike at the racks and head to the bleachers. I sit alone.

Suddenly, a swarm of "nerds" sit in the seats next to me. They all smile at me one by one and take their seats. I sit confused. I turn to the next nerd who smiles at me.
"Can i help you guys?" i ask as nice as possible.
"Oh" she pushes up her glasses, "no it's just we want to be noticed by Elizabeth Winters and we heard she asked you to come" she says with a hint of jealousy, "we wanted her to maybe talk to us?" she adds hopefully.

I hold in a laugh. Fat chance of that with Tessa around. Speak of the devil.
The cheerleaders enter the field waving their pom poms. They are all dressed in the same cheer outfit with the school colors apart from Tessa who insisted on having a different uniform with the school colors. She wanted to clasp all the attention which often works in her favor.

 She wanted to clasp all the attention which often works in her favor

*tessas outfit*
*rest of cheerleaders outfit at top of chapter*

My eyes focus on Elizabeth. Tessa is wearing a bright yellow cheerleading outfit and somehow Elizabeth is still the star of the show. She laughs with the other cheerleaders for a minute before Tessa gives them a look to assemble.

Tessa stands in front of the row of cheerleaders, smiling into the crowds. She then puts both arms into the air.

"Give me an S!"
"S" they scream.
"Give me a T!"
"T"
"Give me an O!"
"O"
"Give me an R!"
"R"
"Give me an M!"
"M"
"What does that spell?" she points her pom poms into the crowds.
"Storm High!" the crowds scream and cheer.

Tessa drops her arms in satisfaction and turns to the squad. The music starts playing and the cheerleaders start moving around to get into position. The crowds still scream.

They start their routine with basic dance steps. They pick up the beat and the steps become more complicated and when the chorus starts, three cheerleaders are thrown into the air on the right, left and middle. The right is Bella, middle is Tessa and left is Elizabeth. The crowds cheer. They fall back down and the routine continues. I mainly focus on Elizabeth. She's such a natural, and looks gorgeous while doing it. They end with Tessa being lifted by three cheerleaders and the rest waving their pom poms. They drop Tessa and immediately they all start hugging each other. Elizabeth is pulled into a hug with Bella and another popular. She laughs with them and fixes Bella's bow which has come slightly undone. I wish that i was the one that she was hugging.

They all turn and wave their pom poms towards the footballers who come sprinting in. I immediately notice Dan amongst them. As he runs, he waves at Elizabeth who smiles. The cheerleaders go off to the side and "greet" the other teams cheerleaders. I watch as Tessa speaks to the other teams captain who quickly becomes intimidated by her. When Tessa realizes this success, she spins and tosses her fiery hair into the captains face, walking off.

Elizabeth is next to speak to the other team. As she does, the other teams captain smiles at her and she seems to be apologizing before splitting away to their own side of the field. She is so kind it's unreal. I watch her as she returns to Tessa.

They game starts and i watch Dan. He is kinda good. Fuck. I spend the whole game either looking at Dan play and longing to be him or Elizabeth cheer and wishing i was with her.

***

The game ends and we win. I make my way to the bike racks. "Scott!"
I turn and am met with Elizabeth running towards me. "Did you enjoy the game?"
"I did, you were really good by the way." i compliment nervously. I still get like that around her.

She smiles and looks down "thanks. hey, do you wanna go hit up Tessa's party? Could be fun" she shrugs. For her, parties are a way of life. For me, that's a big deal. And why is she asking me of al people. "Um...sure?"
"Great!" she grabs my hand and leads me to her car, "can you drive? i'm so tired after that routine. And Dan already left with the boys" she rolls her eyes.

I am put off a little by Dans name but i ignore the jealousy. I've driven my moms car a few times but she never bought me my own. But i know how to.
"Yeah..." i get in the drivers seat. I never thought i would be going to a party at Tessa Smiths house. With Elizabeth Winters. Wow.

this story is 100% going to continue.

heyyy guys!

hope you enjoyed this chapter.

it was a long one.

stay tuned for party animal lizzy.

i probably won't upload for a couple weeks because i'm on holiday.

byeee!