ch11

Eventually we make it to Tessa's house, or should i say mansion. It is huge. I glance through the windows and see many people dancing while others chug alcohol.

Elizabeth grabs my arm and rushes up to the house. As we enter, i immediately see Tessa leaning against a wall monitoring the people who come in. As Elizabeth and i step in, Tessas eyes land on me. She scowls a little but ultimately comes and greets us, well, she greets Elizabeth.

"Lizzy, you made it!" she gives her a quick hug. As she pulls away, she plasters a forced smile across her face "so..." she glances at me, "who is this boy you brought to my house?" she implies upholding the smile. It's obvious she's trying to communicate to Elizabeth through her eyes which read "Elizabeth why the fuck did you bring him to my house?". Just a little less obvious than actually saying it.

 Just a little less obvious than actually saying it

*tessa talking to them*

"This is Scott" she starts, "we were partners for the history project" I smile at Tessa but she intimidates me enough to stop.
"So you were the one who gained her an A+" she says with fake enthusiasm.
"Emm, no actually, Elizabeth is really sma-"
She holds up her arm to quiet me.
"Don't you know to hold your tongue in the presence of a popular" she demands.

She smiles when i stop talking. She then turns to Elizabeth.
"All of the footballers and cheerleaders have already changed clothes. Did you bring spares?" Tessa questions.
"Yep, let's go change." she agrees.
Tessa turns to me and speaks very quietly so Elizabeth wouldn't hear.
"If you can't handle being here without Elizabeth, the doors behind you."
Tessa takes her arm and leads her up the stairs.

"Tessa takes her arm and leads her up the stairs

*tessa whispering to him*

I stand against a wall and wait for them to change. I look at all the people dancing and drinking, Every single one of them is popular somehow. Whether they are a footballer, a cheerleader or just super hot.

Fight Song starts playing and people change their dancing style to match the music. As the song nears the chorus, everyone turns their heads towards the stairwell.

As the beat drops, Tessa, Bella and Elizabeth walk to the top of the stairs. Everyone looks at them in awe as they walk down the stairs, in time with the music. When they reach the bottom, everyone resumes their dancing. Elizabeth walks in my direction. She is wearing a white dress with a diamond belt and collar.

 She is wearing a white dress with a diamond belt and collar

"Heyy" she smiles.
"Oh-hi" i stammer a little and she giggles.
"Let's go get drinks."
She turns and walks towards the kitchen and i follow behind her. When we eventually get there, she pours us both a shot.

"To getting an A+!" she yells happily.
We drink the shot and sit in some chairs.
"Listen, i have a little drama performance on Monday lunch," she starts, "my drama teacher said i was perfect for the part of Katherine. I was wondering if you wanted to come? It's not a huge deal, it's really just an invite from a cast member to a rehearsals. You know, since we're friends now."
I smile at her. "Sure, is love to"
She grins and takes another drink.

We talk a bit longer before someone, a tall boy, walks up behind Elizabeth and covers her eyes. She flinches. "Heyyy, guess who?"

Her worried expression breaks into a grin.
"Oh my god, is that Alec?" she yells excitedly. She breaks free of his hands and faces him. "Oh my god Alec, i've missed you sooooo much!" she laughs, pulling him down into a hug.

"I missed you too Lizzy! How long has it been?"
"A goddamn year" Elizabeth groans. "what are you doing back?"
"Boarding school was a bust. I'm moving back and i'm transferring to Storm High"
"Yay!" she hugs him again.
I become increasingly jealous throughout their whole interaction. Who the fuck is Alec?
As if on queue, he turns to me. "Alec, an old friend of Lizzy."
"I'm Scott"

He nods and looks down at Elizabeth. "Wanna go dance?" Her face lights up but she turns to me, "Will you be ok?"
Just as i'm about to respond, Alec says "I'm sure he'll be fine" and he takes her hand and leads her away.

I stay seated. Why did Alec have to come. And does he have to attend Storm High? This is going to make things harder.

Just then, Tessa takes the seat opposite, with a menacing look on her face.

"Aww, did someone really think they had a chance with a popular?" she laughs in the middle of the sentence, "move on boo

"Aww, did someone really think they had a chance with a popular?" she laughs in the middle of the sentence, "move on boo. I know very well that Elizabeth doesn't like Daniel that way. But i still forced her to get with him. Now, if Alec decides to become a footballer, which i plan on making him, then i'd be more than happy to let her switch boyfriends," wait, so Elizabeth doesn't like Dan? He was chosen by Tessa?, "All it means is that i would have to find a new cheerleader. Because we can't have any cheerleader or footballer left single. And the reason for that is so that people like you don't think they can try to get with us populars." she leans in "Have you got it?"
I nod quickly. She smirks, stands and leaves.

Wow. Tessa really came for me. She knows i like Elizabeth. I turn my head in Elizabeth's direction and see her having fun with Alec, laughing and dancing.

That can never be us.

I turn my attention back to Tessa, who is narrowing her eyes at me from a nearby wall. I watch as she looks at something behind me and smirks. I turn to see what she's looking at.

Alec and Elizabeth kissing.

I stare shocked. Although, i'm not sure why i'm shocked. She's a cheerleader and he's a footballer to be. When i finally peel my eyes away, i get up from the chair and walk towards the front door. I take a final glance at Tessa. The triumph is apparent on her face. I throw the door open and walk out.

this story is 100% going to continue.

ooooooh the tea

also thank you guys for 100 reads in less than a month, you're the best.

byeee!