ch18

I walk into cheer practice with Carmen and Ashley. Since Tessa and i broke off our friendship, she has removed me from my usual spot in the cheer routines and put me in the back. She now has Lydia in my spots. She would have thrown me off of the team by now but then she would have to replace me and nobody else takes her fancy yet.

For the whole of practice i stay out of her way and just get on with it. Eventually it finishes and i leave the hall quickly. I say my goodbyes to Ash and Carmen as they go to grab us some coffees. I head towards the library and throw the door open.

As i step in, i watch people raise their heads to look at me. I realize it's the cheer uniform that is gaining all of the stares. I ignore them and walk to the back of the room. I see the back of Scott's head as he looks down at his book and smile to myself.

I walk towards him quickly and put my head over his shoulder. "Hey." i say quietly, since we are in a library. "Hey." he smiles back before throwing his book shut and taking my hand, leading me out of the library.

"How was practice?" he asks. I know what he means. How was Tessa? "Same as every other time. The occasional glare here and there." i say whole rolling my eyes. He laughs before leading me out to the courtyard.

We sit on one of the benches and he kisses me lightly. I smile a little as he does this. I reach my hand up to his neck and deepen the kiss. After a few seconds i pull away and rest my head on his shoulder.

"Lizzy?" he asks. I look up at him. "Yeah?"
He grins at me before taking a little box out of his pocket. He hands it to me and i look at it confused.

I open the clasp and look inside of the box. There is a little silver necklace with a heart on the end. I look down at it as it rests in the box. I slowly reach to take it out before realizing that the heart can open. I pull the two sides of the heart apart and inside, engraved in small letters, is the word 'Prom?'.

I smile down at the little chain before glancing back up at Scott. I pull him down for a hug and give him a light kiss on the cheek. "Of course."

***

"Aww that is so flipping cute!" Ashley spews and i laugh as we enter the lunch hall. Ryan, Chris and Scott are already sitting down at our table. I sit down by Scott and rest my head on his shoulder while Ashley sits opposite me and next to Ryan.

Carmen walks up to the table and immediately starts talking. "Guys, guess what happened?" she says as she sits down. I glance at her confused. "What?" She looks at me before she starts talking. "Apparently Nathan cheated on Tessa." she says and we look at her in shock. "Are you serious?" Ashley asks and Carmen nods. "With who?" i ask. "Lydia." she replies and i gasp. "What! No way!" i say but end up laughing. She deserved it.

"Honestly i'm not surprised." Chris says and Ryan agrees. "I did see something like this coming. Of course he would take advantage of the new popular girl."

"How did Tessa find out?" i ask. "She apparently left her cheer bag in the locker room. When she went back in to get it, she saw Nathan fucking the shit out of Lydia." she explains and i feel a pang of guilt. No, she deserved it.

As the door opens, everyone glances up to see if Tessa and Lydia would be anywhere near eachother. Nathan walks in with Lydia and Bella walks in with her boyfriend, Andrew.

So Tessa is the cheer captain and she doesn't have a boyfriend? Her one rule about being on the team is you must have a footballer boyfriend.

I look at the people at my table. "Well i wasn't expecting that." Ashley says quietly and i nod in agreement.

About 5 minutes later Tessa enters the hall alone. People look at her like usual but this time because of the rumors that have proven to be true. The hall is completely silent as she walks up to the popular table keeping her gaze off of Nathan and Lydia. So she is still the queen without Nathan.

Or maybe not.

"Um what are you doing here?" Bella asks her. She looks down at her in confusion. "What do you mean? I am Tessa Smith! This is my table." she replies. "Was your table." Bella replies. "You are a cheerleader without a boyfriend. Sadly there won't be time to replace you since there is only 2 months left of school. So you will stand in the back. But when we're not cheering, you have nothing to do with us." Bella says.

"Holy shit." i hear Carmen whisper from behind me. Fuck. This is bad. Of course she is a bitch but this is horrible what's happening.

"That is not my fault that my boyfriend is unfaithful." she says quietly. "Well, first, he ain't your boyfriend. He's Lydia's boyfriend. And second, he's the QB. Meaning that he is irreplaceable. However, you are." Bella says.

Tessa looks at her before storming out of the hall. The hall becomes loud again, probably everyone talking about that craziness.
"I know this sound weird but i feel bad for her." i say. "Yeah, so do i." Ashley agrees, "Like sure she's a bitch but that is horrible."

We try to return to our normal conversation but i can't stop thinking about what happened.

this story is 100% going to continue.

heyyy guys!

1000 reads!!!!!!!!!!!

oof that was eventful!

he asked her to prom!!!

i wonder what will happen next.

byeee!