ch7

We look like an odd pair as we walk down the street towards the milkshake shop. There's the popular girl, the girl with the stunning makeup, clothes, hair, the girl everyone stops and stares at, striding confidently down the road. Then there's the unpopular boy, the boy that nobody stops to look at. The boy that's...average.

"Hello?"
I shake away the thought and am met with Elizabeth staring at me in confusion.
"What? Sorry i zoned out" i explain.
"Well...we're here!" she says in excitement before pushing the door open and swaying in.

Everyone stops and stares at her as she walks in. She isn't as extra as Tessa but somehow, her entrances are more...iconic, i want to say.
I quickly follow her in and she stops in front of the counter.

A boy is sorting out the register, maybe a few years older than us. He seems to sense someone's presence. Without looking up he says "hello, how can i hel-" he looks up and a smile crosses his face, "well if it isn't Elizabeth Winters." he laughs. Seriously, does everybody in this town know about Elizabeth "it's not like you've already been in here the last 6 days . What can i get you Lizzy?"

"I'll just take the honeycomb frappe." she turns to me smiling, "what do you want?"
"I'll take um... the same"
"Okaydokey i'll be with you right away"
"Thanks Ricky" she grins at him and turns and walks towards one of the tables. I sit opposite her.

"So, we're in senior year..." she says looking out of the window. "Yep" i reply, watching her as she turns back to me, throwing her jet black hair out of her face "and i still have no idea what i want to be" our eyes make contact, "do you?"

"Ehh, i want to be an author" i say quickly. She smiles at me when i tell her.
"Wow, that's a big step" she replies intrigued.
"Yeah, well i just writing so much, i'd love to make a living out of it"
She looks down at the table.
"I would love to become, perhaps, a professional actress." she look at my reaction through her eyelashes.
And, to be honest, i could see her in front of the camera. She's got that charisma about her that will help her in the future.

"Tell me something interesting" she sips her drink. I panic as i'm put on the spot.
"Uhh... i'm obsessed with youtube to a point where it's unhealthy" i blurt out. She laughs.
"So am i! I watch every single shane dawson video that comes out" she says giggling.
I smile at her as she laughs. Who knew someone so popular would be so fun to talk to.

***

Today, i have my last session with Elizabeth for the project. We've had 2 since the last one and i think i'm finally loosening up and losing my nervousness. I sit in my house and lay out my books on the island. I get some chocolate and put it in bowls then wait for her.

When the bell goes, i swing the door open and am met with Elizabeth standing on my doorstep, shivering in her huge winter coat.
"Oh my gosh Elizabeth you look freezing! Come in" i say quickly, stepping aside to let her in.
When she gets in, she laughs a little "I guess Lizzy Winters can't stand the winter"

I lead her to the island and she sits down. I bring her coffee and she sighs when i hand her the mug. "Finally, we can be done with this stupid project" she mutters.

We start the work and when we finish, we drop our pencils in relief. I look up at her.
"Hey, do you wanna go sit by the fireplace?"
Her face brightens at the thought of extra heat and she starts getting up from the stool and makes her way into the sitting room. I grab a few blankets and walk into the room where she is sitting on the floor. There are 2 couches facing each other that are on either side of the fireplace. She leans her back against one of the couches and i sit by the other, directly opposite her.

I hand her a blanket and she wraps it around herself and stares at the fire.
"I can't believe that you don't have more friends, based on how kind and comfortable you are to be around" she whispers.
I look up at her, shocked. She turns her head to me, "there's something so calming about you. It makes me forget the stress of school, exams, popularity and" she sighs "i just need to thank you for that" I smile at her, still shocked.
"I...um...your welcome"

Suddenly, she smirks and reaches for her handbag. She pulls out a huge bottle of wine.
"I'll go get glasses" she gets up and leaves the room. I don't try to to stop her.

She returns with the glasses and returns to her seat on the floor she pours herself a wine and then me one. She passes me mine and lifts her glass. "Too...um, i guess the Tsar?"
I laugh "sure" and then drink.
We stay up for hours, drinking and talking. We're careful not to drink to much as we don't want to be hungover at school tomorrow.

Pretty soon, she was telling me about her life.
"I have 2sisters...well, i did" she looks down at the floor quickly, "My older sister, Nicolette, died when she was 15. I was 12." her eyes are filled with tears and i stare at her in sadness. She probably wouldn't be telling me this if she was in the right state of mind but she's had more alcohol than me.

"It's been 5 years and i think about Letti everyday. My other sister, Bianca, took it harder than me if it's possible. They were the same age, at the same party, when someone convinced Letti to do drugs. Of course she said yes, she was under the influence of alcohol and..." tears start to fall, "that night she was pronounced dead" the way she said 'dead' was harrowing. I meet her eyes. "I'm so sorry Elizabeth" i whisper. She smiles and wipes her tears away. "It's fine. I've told no one, not even Tessa...maybe i just don't trust her enough"
Or maybe you've just never got drunk with her.

"That's not even the worst of it"
"What do you mean?"
"My parents divorced that year. My dad lives with Bianca and i live with my mom"
Her life is an emotional roller coaster.
The way she looks so upset, the way she silently cries, the way she says she's fine when she's obviously not...leads me to do what i do.
I walk over to where she is sitting and hug her. She is a little taken aback initially but accepts the hug. In this moment, i feel something odd but push it to the side.

Half an hour later, she leaves my house. After tonight, something clicks in my mind.
I think i'm falling for the popular girl.
The way she smiles, the way she tosses her raven hair over her shoulder, the way she draws you into conversations.
I don't feel that uncomfortable around her anymore. I really like her.

this story is 100% going to continue.

heyyy guys!

things are heating up.

hope you enjoyed this chapter.

bye!