ch28

flashback 1 year ago

ELIZABETH POV

"Thank you for the lift." i say to the uber driver as he pulls up to Scott's small home in England. It's been a long time since i've seen him face to face. The last time was the last summer holidays 6 months ago when he came back to the states to visit me. Now it's christmas and i decided i should come to England as a surprise.

I push open the car door and stand in front of the house. Running up the steps, i ring the door bell and stand patiently outside. I watch as the snow falls lightly, sprinkling the town.

The door opens and i turn back around and am met with his face. A bright smile lights up his face as he walks outside, giving me a hug.
"Lizzy!" he exclaims with a smile, giving me a hug. "I missed you so much." i tell him as he pulls away, taking my hand.

He walks back inside, leading me along to the sofa. I sit down and he places himself next to me. We decide to watch a couple of movies and to catch up a bit.

The first night was great. We filled eachother in on everything that had happened while the other was gone and had a couple of drinks.

***

In the morning, i wake up to see Scott is gone. I leave the bedroom trying to find him in any of the other rooms before finding a note.
'Hey babe
I got a call about a last minute book meeting i can not miss which is why i'm not home. I'll be back soon.'

I sigh, looking out of the window at the snow covered streets. Hopefully he's back soon, i'm going to be so bored in this house all alone. I walk into the sitting room and turn on the tv, putting netflix up on the screen. I decide to rewatch some brooklyn 99 episodes to pass the time until Scott comes back.

A few hours later, i hear the front door unlock. I pause the tv, standing up to greet Scott. He runs through the living room into the bedroom. so i follow him and watch from the door as he pulls his laptop out of his bag and places it on the desk, pulling up word on the screen and typing like crazy.

"Hi to you too babe." i say loudly. He turns his head towards me as i stand at the door. "Oh hey Elizabeth." he says quickly before turning his attention back to his screen. I roll my eyes, giving up, and walk back into the sitting room and unpausing the tv.

Night falls and outside is completely dark. I groan to myself realising i wasted all day watching tv and spent no time with Scott at all. I could have watched tv in America, i didn't have to fly all the way here to do that.

I glance at my phone and see the time is 12:43am. I switch off the tv and walk into the bedroom to see Scott still typing on his computer. "Babe, you have been here all day." i complain as i walk into the room. "Come on, it's time for bed." i tell him and he looks over at me. "I'm a little busy if you haven't noticed". he replies. I roll my eyes before getting into the bed on my own.

The clicking of the keypad on his computer grew more and more annoying as the minutes passed until eventually i couldn't take it.
"Can you not continue this in the morning and come to bed?" i ask, sitting straight up. He glares at my sudden outburst.
"No i cant. I have a deadline on this book. But ill leave you alone seeing that i'm bothering you so much." he snaps before grabbing his laptop and walking out of the room.

Defeated, i lay back down. I have flown all the way here to spend time with him and it's as if he can't be bothered with me. He can only think about work and this stupid god damn book. I close my eyes and attempt to get some sleep.

***

I wake up to light shining through the window. I glance outside as the sun reflects on the snow. It looks so beautiful and immediately puts me in a good mood. I stand up and open the bedroom door and at the kitchen table, notice Scott still typing on his laptop.

I sigh, my good mood vanishing. I step into the kitchen and pull out a glass from the cupboard and fill it up with tap water. I take a sip, glancing over at Scott. He didn't even acknowledge my presence. I sit down at the table next to him. "Scott, can we please do something fun today." i ask.

He looks up at me and i can already tell what the answer will be. "I don't have time for that. I have 4 days to write this book." he tells me and i look at him a little judgementally. "So now work is more important than your girlfriend who you haven't seen in six months?" i ask.
"Yes actually. This is my life we're talking about here." he replies. My heart hurts a little.
"But there will be plenty of book offers in the future." i reason and he shakes his head.
"I don't care."

I look at him a little hurt.
"I came all this way to spend time with you-"
"Well maybe you shouldn't have come at all!" he yells and i stand up, stepping back.
"Maybe i shouldn't have. I'm leaving, right now." I yell, walking into bedroom to pack my suitcase.
"Good!" he shouts back.

I throw my stuff into my suitcase, my tears slightly clouding my vision. I run my hands over my eyes, wiping off all the tears before walking out of the room and to the front door.
"You don't have to worry about me being in your way anymore" I yell before walking outside. He slams the door behind me and i sit on the steps, calling a car to come and take me to the airport. After the car confirms it's on the way, i call one of my really good friends.

"Tessa? I'm-I'm coming back to the states. I'll explain when i arrive but can you pick me up at the airport around 8:20pm? Thank you so much." i say through the phone, my voice breaking with every word.

this story is 100% going to continue!

heyyy guys!

this was a bit of a dramatic chapter.

so they are now broken up.

read to see what happens next.

byeee!