the return

I walk into the living room and my eyes widen in shock.
"How.... Why.... Why are you here." I ask the girl and boy sitting on my couch.
Their eyes snap to me.
"Caroline." He breathes out.
They flash to me and hold me as tears slid down my face.
"Kol rebekah what are you doing here." I ask pulling back and wiping tears from my face. Damon and stefan walk downstairs. They had put Elena and Bonnie in bed and didn't hear kol and rebekah.
"Yes why are two of the originals in my house." Damon says bitterly while smirking.
"Caroline we need to talk to you." Rebekah says worryingly.
"Yeah what's wrong." I was so happy to see them. But then that turned to sadness when i relized they didn't even remeber me.

We all sit on the couches and wait for them to talk.
"Caroline we don't know how to say this but we remember." Kol says softly. My heart jumps and beats extremely fast. I didn't notice the tears coming down my face. I smiled so brightly. I flashed to them and hugged them.
"This is a good thing right." I ask.
"Yes. Caroline your our best friend. Why.... Why were you so nice to us. When you knew we'd become monsters." Rebekah asked sadly.
"You." I say looking at both of them then add.
"Are anything but monsters. You're both my bestfriends. You have no idea how much it hurt to not be around you guys. Your my family." I start crying softly. I notice Damon and stefan leave to give us privacy.
"Caroline when i say we remember i mean we ALL remember. Elijah had business but said he really wants to be here. And Nik he's.... Processing everything." I stand and start pacing. No, no, no this can't be happening.
"Caroline just calm down its not that bad." Kol says standing up to grab my shoulders.
"Kol you don't understand. I helped him with mikeal, i grew so close to all of you, and the worst thing is that i made klaus fall in love with me. He wanted to marry me. I broke him. I made him love me then i left and eraced all of your memorys." I start panicking.
"Caroline you didn't hurt us. Before you came everyday was the same. Wake up, eat, chores, sleep. You made our lifes happy. Exciting even. You are a part of our family and if Nik hates you. Which he doesn't he'll have to go through us." Rebekah reasures me as she hugs me.
"Were do we go from here." I ask sadly.
"We don't know but all i know is that i want you in my life." Kol says smiling down at me. Then it hit me. Ever since i came back I've been so sad and depressed. My life would never go back to normal i needed this family.
"Im going to New Orleans." I was surprised i said this but they were shocked.
"Caroline are you sure i mean you have your friends here. Your home is here-."
"No my home is where ever my family is and you two are and elijah are my family. Even klaus. I want to be with you guys. So im going to new orleans. I already lost my mom and dad. Theres nothing here for me. We're leaving in the morning." I say smiling then i add. "You guys can sleep here for tonight." I make my way up the stairs with a huge smile on my face. I would be starting a new chapter of my life and i couldn't be happier. One thing i promise myself though is to not be with klaus. I hurt so many people in the process. I couldn't do that to him not agian.

I wake up from my alarm buzzing. Realizing what today is i smile. I was happy and it had been weeks since i felt like this. I jump out of bed and start to pack my bags.

It took me a hour but i finally finish. I walk down the stairs and smile as i hear everybody in the kitchen this is how everyday should be and it would.

"Goodmorning." I say smiling as i grab a B+ from the fridge.
"Goodmorning." Elena says back scrounging her eyebrows.
Everybody stood in the kitchen. Elena by damons side, Stefan by rebekahs, and kol right beside Bonnie.
"Im just gonna say it why are kol and rebekah here. I thought caroline sent you away." Bonnie says sourly.
I tell them everything besides me leaving and all. I would tell them later.

"This doesn't make since im almost positive the memory spell should of worked." Bonnie says very confused.
"It did take us a few weeks to remember. Maybe something happened to make us gain our memory." Kol says staring intently at Bonnie.
"That doesn't matter. I need to talk to you guys." They all look confusingly at me.

We all sit in the living room.
"I love all of you.... but ever since i came back to mystic falls i felt incomplete. Like i was missing a big piece of me. It physically hurt and i knew what was causing that-." I explain but get interrupted.
"What do you mean care." Elena asks.
"Let me finish. The thing causing that was losing the mikelsons. I know i was only gone for 3 months but it felt... right to be with them. I felt like i was home. Like i had a family. With that said im telling you guys im moving to new orleans to be with them."
Instantly Bonnie and Elena jump up and try to change my mind.
Their words blend together.
I hear them say.
"Are you crazy. Really Caroline why would you do this. I cant believe you. We're your bestfriends." All these words come from both of them.

"Honestly elena Bonnie. You dont need me. You have everything here in mystic falls. This hasnt been my home for a very long time. When im with them they make me happy. I feel like im home. If you can't understand that your both just gonna have to forget me." I say tears in my eyes. I turn to stefan and damon and say, "Do you guys have anything to say." Damon speaks first.
"Listen blondi- Caroline i want you to be happy. I know we haven't gotten along alot. But you wedged yourself into my heart. And yes i have one. I'll miss you but do what you need to do. Your a vampire you have an enternity to live. Don't live it depressed in this small town." He says this as he stands up to get bourbon. I feel my heart flip. I would really miss this idiot.
I flash to him and hug him. He hesitates but hugs me back.
"Thank you- for understanding."
"Really Damon thanks for the back up." Elena yells running upstairs.
I turn towards Stefan.
"Go. Go do what you need. I support you with whatever you choose to do. You've always been there for everyone else's needs do something for yourselve for once." He says hugging me.
Lastly i look at Bonnie.
"I cant i just can't im sorry Caroline." She whispers before running upstairs. They couldn't let me be happy. Or were they just worried. Nun the less i made up mind im going to New Orleans.