Take 4

Namjoon Kim in mm
~~

Namjoon and Christen sat in the new coffee shop, and they were in awe. In was so new and perfect and it was such a calm vibe, unlike their friendship.

Things have been weird and awkward ever since Christen cried in the car. Namjoon felt as if there was big puzzle piece that he was missing, but every time he tried to bring it up, Christen would change the subject.

"Why hasn't a place like this been around before, I literally love it here." Christen said as her eyes roamed around the shop.

"They have a jukebox over there, wanna check it out?"

Christen nodded and they headed over. The jukebox leaned against the wall and surrounding the jukebox was a black and white tile dance floor.

"What song shall we play?" Christen asked. Both of their eyes scanned the song selection, before coming to an agreement.

All I Ever Needed by Paul McDonald played through the speakers.

"May I have this dance?" Namjoon asked as he took off his hat.

Christen nodded and he took her hand in his, pulling her close to him. He placed his left hand on her waist, his right hand, intertwining in hers.

Their eyes met as they danced to the song. Christen's breath getting caught in her throat, because Namjoon was making her nervous.

"Why you keep looking away from me?" He spoke in a hush tone.

"You're making me nervous." She met his tone.

Only they could hear each other's voices, only they could see each other. There was no one else in that moment, but them.

Namjoon took their intertwined hands and used it to lift her chin, "can I kiss you?"

Her eyes searched his, trying to find the humor, but found none. She only found sincerity and warmth. She nodded her head before she knew it and Namjoon's soft pink lips met hers.

His hand made their to the back of her neck, pulling her closer, not that they weren't close already. They still swayed to the song as their lips moved in harmony.

As the song came to an end, they pulled apart. Both out of breath, but both wanting to keep going. Christen came to her senses first and realized they were still in the coffee shop, luckily no one was in the back where they were.

Christen moved back, creating distance between the two of them as she touched her lips, trying to figure out what the hell just happened.

She looked at Namjoon who had a goofy smile on his face. She cleared her throat, causing him to look at her.

"We should go." She spoke lowly.

Namjoon agreed and put his hat back on.

The walk back to Namjoon's House was silent. Neither of them knew what to say or what to do. Every so often a stranger would bump into Christen and she would fall into Namjoon's side, laughing nervously before moving away.

They both were relieved to make it back to the house, even though it wasn't Christen's home, Namjoon's sister and dad made her feel welcome all the time.