Take 46

Christen Raines in mm
~~

"He's beautiful, who would've thought that you could make this beautiful thing." Christen's mom complimented as she fed Nasir.

"Was that shade, mom?" Christen chuckled as she sat down on the couch.

"No shade, but I really didn't even think you would be in a stable relationship before Namjoon, let along have a baby."

"Yea, trust me, I thought the same thing."

"Speaking of Namjoon, where is he?"

"He's at work, but he should be on his way back soon." Christen said as she checked the time on her phone and it read five o'clock. A knock on the door made their conversation cease. "That must be him, he might have forgot his key."

Christen got up to answer the door, wobbling a little as she did so. Her and Namjoon had a little fun last night and things got wild.

"Oh my gosh!"

"SURPRISE!"

Christen pulled her Aunt Miranda into a hug while they laughed and hugged.

"What are you doing here?" She asked as she closed the door.

"Well, your mom brought me along and I told her not to tell you because I wanted to surprise you. Did it work?"

"Of course." Christen laughed and gave her a hug again.

"I missed you and I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever." Aunt Miranda said as she sat down on the couch, greeting her sister briefly, and took Nasir out of her arms. "And of course I had to meet your son. Oh, he's so cute, I love him." she kissed his cheeks and he smiled which made the ladies around him smile.

Left Eye came from out the bedroom and barked before Christen shushed her.

"When did you get a dog?" Aunt Miranda asked.

"In September. This is Left Eye, a ten month old pomsky who was born blind in her right eye, hence her name." Christen explained as she grabbed Left Eye and placed her on her lap.

"This whole house is beautiful. You have a beautiful place to stay, a beautiful dog, a beautiful baby, and plus a beautiful, beautiful man."

Christen chuckled, "thank you."

The three ladies talked lightly amongst themselves while Nasir sat in his swing watching a show and Left Eye left all of them awhile ago, doing her own thing.

"So, I notice a ring on your finger. It's nice, but I know nothing about this man. Spill the tea, Auntie."

"Ok, Chris. Chris is a wonderful man, when we met, sparks flew, angel sang, and the whole sha-bang. Yea, we got married pretty fast, but we've been solid ever since."

"And you moved to Texas?"

"No, we thought about it, but instead we bought a house in upstate New York, so everything is good." Aunt Miranda smiled and Christen could see a hint of redness appear in her cheeks. She was happy her Aunt was happy, just like she was.