Take 7

Christen Raines in mm
~~

Christen kept thinking about last night's encounter. She hasn't spoken to anyone, not Cameron, not to Corey, and not even Namjoon even though he picked her up for school.

Namjoon kept trying to figure what was bothering her and why Christen looked so mad at the world. She was mute all day. She would do her work and then put her head down.

By the time the school day ended, Namjoon had given up on trying to be a detective and figure out the problem.

When he walked out the school building, he seen Christen sitting at their bench. Christen seen Namjoon on his way over, but didn't acknowledge him, not even when he sat down.

"Christen, I don't know what's wrong or if you're mad at me or something, but I would really appreciate it if you talked to me."

She stayed silent and kept her eyes straight ahead.

"Why are you giving me the cold shoulder?" He grabbed her hand, but she snatched away from him.

"Fine, be that way." Namjoon took one last look at her before getting up and walking away.

Christen watched as he got further and further. She wanted nothing, but to run after him and just cry on his shoulder, but she didn't.

Corey pulled up a couple minutes later and she wasted no time getting in the car. It was only Corey who picked her up and she was grateful.

"Cameron's at the hospital with mom and she slapped the shit out of him once she found out what he said to you."

Christen didn't respond, but looked over at him before turning back to look out out the window.

When they got to the hospital, Cameron and their mom was waiting outside. She got out the front seat and moved to the back to help her mom in.

"Hey girly." Her mom greeted as she rested her leg on top of Christen's.

She gave her mom a small smile. The air got thicker in the car once Cameron got in. He sat in the front and didn't say a damn thing to her, he didn't even look her.

"Once we get home, we're gonna have a talk. Understand."

All three of them said a yes ma'am before the car got quiet again. Christen was so relieved when they made it home, but then remembered that they were gonna have a talk.

"Everybody in the kitchen, now." Their mother ordered.

They all sat around the table and their mother eyed all of them. Cameron mugged Christen from across the table, but Christen didn't notice because she kept her head down.

"Alright, so apparently, y'all can't function for a couple of days without me. What I've been told, it honestly makes me fucking sick. Cameron, you should have known better, you know that what you said was hurtful and fucked up. You need to apologize to your sister."

"Apologize for what? Trying to protect her? Trying to make sure she's safe and good."

"Protect me from what? Namjoon? He's a good guy, okay? I trust him with my life."