Take 41

Christen Raines's stomach in mm
~~

The couple had less than a month before the baby arrived. June fifteenth was gonna be the most fantastic day. With so much going on, they never officially celebrated their one year anniversary which was in April. Namjoon had a surprise up his sleeve once he got home from work.

Finishing up his last table, he clocked out, and headed home to his pregnant girlfriend with a big bouquet of roses and a huge teddy bear.

"Babe! Where you at?" Namjoon walked into the living room and seen the tv on, but no Christen. "Babe!" He called out again.

"I'm in the bathroom!" Namjoon chuckled and shook his head. He took a seat on the couch and waited for Christen to come out the bathroom.

She walked out and stopped in her tracks when she seen what Namjoon was holding.

"What's this, babe?" She smiled and walked over to him.

"A late one year anniversary. Happy anniversary, baby." he stood up and handed her the flowers and placed the bear on the floor.

"Aww, I wish I got you something, Joonie. These are beautiful." She smelled the roses and smiled up at him. "You're amazing, you know that?"

"I like to think so." He shrugged and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Thank you, babe. I love you."

"I love you too."

~~

Two weeks later, Christen's water broke. It was a shock because it was nowhere near time for the baby to come. They were currently in the hospital and Christen was three centimeters dilated. The doctor told them that everything was perfectly fine and not to be worried.

"Are you in any pain?" Namjoon asked. He sat in a chair that he pulled up close to the bed.

"No, I'm okay for now. There's only a little pain in my lower back, but it's fine."

"I can't believe your water broke, I was just about to go to sleep." Namjoon groaned and Christen pushed him away with a laugh.

"I'm barely nine months yet, I'm actually thirty-five weeks starting tomorrow."

"Our boy is just ready to be in the world." Namjoon placed his hand on her stomach and traced small circles on the bottom half of it.

"Speaking of our boy, did you call our families?"

"Not yet, I'll call in the morning."