Take 50

Namjoon Kim in mm
~~

It was October and life was going good for the family of four. Namjoon got a raise at his job, Christen got her a part time job working at the same restaurant Namjoon worked at, Nasir was five months old living his best life, and Left Eye was being Left Eye.

It was a gloomy, rainy Tuesday and Tuesday's was one of the days Christen worked. She didn't want to leave out of the presence of her boyfriend and her baby boy, but it was too late for her to call out.

"Come on babe, get out of bed. You don't wanna be late." Namjoon shook her away, placing a kiss on her neck.

"Ughh." She groaned and flipped the covers back before swinging her legs over. "I hate you for making me go."

"I'm not making you go," he chuckled and got comfortable in bed again, "but you did just start, so you don't want to miss any days yet."

She walked into the bathroom and turned around to give Namjoon the finger and he returned the favor before she closed the door. By the time Christen was ready to go, Nasir had woken up and Namjoon was feeding him.

"Say bye mommy, we'll see you later." Namjoon waved Nasir's hand for him and Christen pouted. It looked like she was on the verge of tears. "What's wrong, babe?" Namjoon asked seriously and beckoned her over.

"I really don't wanna go." She cried and Namjoon didn't know if he should take her seriously or not.

"Babe, work is not that bad."

"I know, but today is just horrible." She flopped down on the bed face first and cried into the blanket.

"Why are you crying?"

"I don't know, but it's not stopping." She lifted her head up and tried to calm herself down, but it wasn't working. She switched her eyes from Namjoon to Nasir and cried even harder. "I'm gonna miss my baby."

Namjoon looked at her confused as she took him out of his arms. He was used to Christen having a bad day, but this was a scene he wanted to unsee.

"Christen," he laughed, but soon stopped when she glared at him, "you're scaring me. Like you are really crying right now."

"Don't you think I fucking know that." She gave a kiss to Nasir's cheeks before handing him back to Namjoon. She took a deep breath and went into the bathroom to clean her face. When she walked out, she was calmer and looked better.

"Are you okay, now?" Namjoon asked hesitantly.

She nodded and walked over to him, "I love you."

"I love you too." He chuckled, still confused about her sudden change of attitude.

~~

Christen has been at work for about two hours now and was ready to go, but unfortunately, she had three hours left.

"Christen, you mind going in the back and bringing out more straws?" One of her coworkers asked.

"Sure." she smiled even though she really wanted to punch her in the face. The girl was doing nothing except pretending to sweep.