Wild Cats

(Hi, this book is currently being edited.
191k reads and counting... thank you for the love and support! Also, please check out my new book "20s") Enjoy!!

"Has anyone seen her?"

"She's not here still?"

"Oh thank God, there she is."

My boss runs to me immediately I step into the building of where I work part-time.

"Ria, where the hell have you been?" My boss rushes to meet me.

"Where are they please?" I ask him, quickly hanging my coat.

"Right there inside the office." He points and without wasting more time, I walk into the office to meet the couple.

"Mr. and Mrs. Coldwater? I'm Chandria Lee." I shake hands with the couple.

"Richard Coldwater. This is my wife Susan." He says and I smile.

"I'm sorry I arrived late, something came up." I take a sit opposite the couple. "Mr. Tim gave you the file already, did you go through it?"

"Yes, we did but you see Miss Lee, you don't have what we want in here." He holds the file for me to see, looking quite disappointed.

"I'm assuming you just got married, yes?" I ask the couple.

"Yes." Mr. Coldwater looks at his wife, smiling at her with eyes so full of love.

"Alright." I clear my throat.

"You see Mr. and Mrs. Coldwater, we are not called Paradise for nothing. Here in Paradise, the main goal we aim to achieve is to give married couples a paradise to call their home. We know couples, especially newlyweds like you will want some privacy and a conducive environment to start your family."

"And you are very right." says Mrs. Coldwater.

"Well, I can assure you that you are at the right place. I can take you to a few places now and you can check yourselves but that's if you want to." I smile.

The couple look at each other and smile. My God, they are so in love and it's so so cute.

"Alright." They inform me.

"Good, now let's go check these units shall we?"

"What?" My boss exclaims.

"You mean the couple got a unit already?"

"Yes. Yes. Yes." I roll my eyes.

"Wow, you never cease to amaze me Ria. What would I ever do without you?" My boss hold onto my hands, his eyes shooting dollars. I shake my head.

"Absolutely nothing." I smirk.

"Ria, please work with us permanently. You know there's always been an open spot for you here in Paradise." My boss implores.

"Mr. Tim, quit playing around. You know very well that I'm trying to balance this job with my other part-time jobs." I smile. "Anyway, forget about that and let's talk you wiring the payment to my account."

"Your love for money is way out of this world." He smirks.

"Yes, go on as if you are any different. Please, make sure I get the alert before tomorrow morning. Thank you in advance, bye Mr. Tim." I rush out of the building before he could stop me.

Thanks to Mr. Tim I have a car. Old? Yes but better than not having any at all. Mr. Tim is the only person I can refer to as a fatherly figure in my life. My dad left when I was eight, leaving me alone with my mom who died when I clocked sixteen. I actually don't hate him but he's not my favorite person on earth either. He and my mom fought every single day while they were together. I witnessed their fights while growing up. It was really sad watching my family fall apart. My parents ran out of love and I had to be the one to suffer for it. Dad never checked on me since he left. It's been over fifteen years and he never called or visited or...

My phone rings immediately I settle in my Peugeot. I pick up my phone, my best friend's name flash on the screen.

"Hey, Kay." I say into the phone.

"Ria, where are you?" She shouts.

Kayla can be so loud...really loud. Very beautiful? Yes, but also very loud.

I remove the phone from my ear for few seconds before putting it back.

"Do you want to damage my eardrums?" I roll my eyes.

"I will still be able to hear you if you keep your voice down a little, you know?"

"Where are you, Chandria Lee?" I know she's gritting her teeth from how she pronounced each word.

"I'm about to leave Paradise, why?" I ask.

"Good. Get ready to go to hell because I just got us tickets into Wild Cats." She screams.

"You've got to be kidding me." I tell her immediately.

"Babe, chill I'm not done yet. Now, guess what?" She adds.

"What? Kay, just tell me already. This suspense is killing me." I groan.

"I got VIP tickets Ria." She pronounces excitedly.

"OMG! Babe, I'm on my way."

I drop the phone and start the car, screaming all the way to Kay's apartment. I just can't believe it. Wild Cats, the hottest club in the whole of LA. This better not be some kind of prank Kay's trying to pull.

"Kay, are you in?" I knock the door for the hundredth time.

"Ria!" I roll my eyes when she opens the door. I almost lost my balance when she throw her arms around me, embracing me in a tight hug.

"What took you so long? I've been at the door for hours." I pull her nose.

"Ouch! Ria, stop being a drama queen. Hours? Seriously? You were at the door for just a minute or two." She rolls her eyes.

"But you knew I was coming, what were you doing?" She steps aside for me to come in.

"I was busy checking the outfits, duh." She walks into her room and I followed suit.

"What outfits?" I ask, making myself comfortable on her bed.

"Shawn got us outfits to rock to the club." She grins, throwing the dresses on the bed. "Oh, he got us the tickets too."

"Step on the brakes there, will you? Who is Shawn?" I ask her, confused.

I mean, who the hell is Shawn?

"Hey, calm down honey." She settles beside me on the bed. "Shawn and I okay, thing is we are dating. It's been almost three weeks now since we've been seeing each other."

"Wait. You mean you have a new boyfriend?" I burst into laughter. "Wow, Kayla Garette I didn't see this coming. You mean you dumped James already?"

"Hello? Who is James?" She scoffs.

"Well, right there I'm with you. He is totally a jerk." I nod.

"So how's this new guy, Shawn you said?"

"That's right, Ria. He is so hot." She gushes.

"OMG, really? How did you two meet? Don't leave out the juicy details, please." I wink.

"Actually, it was a one night stand at first but then we met again. It was totally a coincidence and he told me he liked me. Believe me, I like him too and we've been seeing each other since then. You know, going on dates and all that." She blushes.

"Look at you blushing, aren't you cute?" I tease.

"I'm still surprised he got you two VIP tickets to Wild Cats and then the outfits too. Your new hottie must be really loaded."

"Oh, that..." She waves off. "my friend, is just the tip of an iceberg. Shawn is the heir of Royal Hotel, duh!"

"Shut the front door! I didn't see that coming too. Aren't you such a lucky girl?" I fake tears.

"Ria, you are so so so dramatic." She laughs. "Let's take a look at the dresses already."

"I'm definitely wearing that little red devil." I gasp.

"I knew it." She snap her fingers.