Aster

(Hi, did you enjoy "A Stranger's Touch?" Please check out my new book "20s")   Thank you!!
Ps. This book is currently being edited.

As good as life was, there were still some things I had to deal with. I never told Jamie about her step-dad being my real father, I just couldn't bring myself to.

According to Dante, it was high time I let it all out. We were expecting and didn't want our kid to be born into some unfinished drama.

Dante and I arrived at Jamie's family home, her mother welcomed us and greeted us warmly. She was a very kind woman.

Even Jamie wasn't aware of the real reason we came. Eventually, Mrs. Kim and Mr. Tim arrived and not quite long, he also did.

My biological father, Edward Lee.

The moment he saw me and the Kim's, he broke into tears. Thankfully, he made it all easier by speaking first.

"Your mother and I, all we did was fight. I could no longer bear it and one day, I just decided to leave. I'm sorry, Chandria."

The secret was out and the look on the face of his wife had said it all. She was completely disappointed..

"You could have told me earlier." Jamie told me when we got to the car.

"I'm sorry Jamie, I just didn't want to ruin your family."

"You lost your mother and you even lost your father. He should have been there for you, you were just a child." Her lips quivered and I drew her into a hug.

"This is not your fault okay? Please tell your mum that it isn't her fault. My family was ruined a long time ago and that was my parent's fault. And even as a kid, I always knew there was no coming back."

Jamie's mother is not only kind hearted, but a joyful human. I know she'll find it in her to forgive Edward again- one day, I hope.

"Do you think you can find it in you to forgive him someday?" Jamie asked.

"I wouldn't be here if I haven't. I already forgave him."

Jamie hugged me and patted my hair.

"You are so strong Ria. I'm proud you are my friend and I'm grateful that this didn't drive a rift between us."

And she was right.

"God, you are so big already." Her eyes went to my big belly. She touched my baby bump and gasped.

"My god son just threw a flying kick." She said and we all laughed.

"I think it's a daughter, not a son." Dante shrugged, his hand patting my hair.

"Normally, men in your shoes right now will be wishing for a baby boy." Jamie rolled her eyes.

"I want a daughter as beautiful, loving and caring as my wife." He looked into my eyes with so much adoration, placing a long kiss on my forehead.

"And if it's a son, then that's also fine. After all, I'm not bad looking and I have a great personality."

Jamie's jaw dropped and I laughed at how funny she looked. Her and my husband never agreed on the same thing. I found it funny to be honest. They were probably enemies in their past lives or something.

Suddenly, I felt a whole lot of discomfort from the inside.

"Owww." I held my stomach.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Dante's eyes went wide, his hands getting all sweaty.