Oh I'm Not Surprised

After my crying session in the restroom, I find my way back to the table. Kay, Shawn and Ashton are all laughing because of whatever Kay showed to them on her phone. They notice my presence when I took my seat.

"Hey, what took you so long? We've been waiting for you." Ashton is the first to speak.

"I'm sorry if I made you guys worried. I was taking a phone call." I lie.

"Ria, is everything okay?" Kay asks me.

"Of course, duh." I roll my eyes, plastering a big fake smile on my face.

Fortunately, I didn't miss dinner. In fact, I got back to the table just right when dinner is getting served. Honestly, this is the first time I had a six course meal. I channel my anger towards the delicious meal, taking each single bite as if I'm having my last supper.

"Thank you so much for inviting us. I had a great time." I thank Shawn sincerely after the meal.

"Me too babe, thank you." Kay adds, pulling Shawn for a brief kiss.

"I'm glad you both had a nice time." He places a soft kiss on Kay's forehead.

I know I'm not feeling good at the moment but the little gesture between the two makes me smile. These two are giving serious couple goals.

"If you ladies don't mind, I would love to introduce you to some people. Most are family friends and business partners."

"Really?" Kay's face lit up.

The idea of being introduced to celebrities and influential people must be so exciting. Well that's Kay, I on the other hand can't wait to get out of here. Not that I'm letting them know that though.

"Of course. The night is still young after all." I fake enthusiasm.

The introductions begin. We are introduced to different people, mostly family friends and business partners like he said. It isn't bad at all to be honest and I won't deny the fact that I was in awe when I laid eyes on Jamie Parker. Jamie Parker as in one of the hottest supermodels ever.

She looks so unreal! Even more beautiful than she does in magazines. That isn't the best part though. The great news is I didn't spill drinks on her designer dress. Surprise, I scaled through!

I grin from ear to ear like an idiot when Ashton took a picture of myself and the one and only Jamie Parker. I mean she's even hotter in person and I know I can be such a fan girl sometimes but I'm just really excited we met in person. We talk and laugh, we even take some selfies. After the pictures, she hug Kay and I. To my utmost surprise, we even exchange numbers. She is oh, so humble and fun to be with.

"Have you ladies heard of Castle?" Shawn ask us, leading us to a new set of people.

"No." I reply almost immediately.

I know it's been fun so far but it's really starting to feel extremely uncomfortable. My feet are starting to kill me, and the heels are not helping at all. I'm so ready to do anything, anything at all just to get out of here. I need to go home! So if plastering a big fake smile on my face for couple more minutes is the ticket home, then so be it.

"Okay ladies, meet my very good friend Dante Moretti, the one and only CEO of Castle." Shawn introduces.

My big fake smile disappears immediately my eyes make contact with the devil himself.

Oh, I'm not surprised.

There he is in all his glorious beauty with a smug look playing on his face. That dog! He is enjoying every single moment. The universe really must be on his side tonight. I can't say the same about myself and the mere thought is really starting to drive me crazy.