Surprises

I opened my eyes only to wish I was dead.

I was back in that hell hole.

I tried lifting myself off the floor but the sharp pain I felt in my head made it feel as if my head was about to split in two.

I touched the side of my head that hurt so much and gasped when I saw red.

My blood.

But that wasn't my greatest surprise.

When the door opened I got up immediately, wincing along every pain that followed.

I felt helpless- yet again.

"Surprise." A familiar voice had said.

Indeed I was more than surprised when Ethan walked into the room, walking towards me, crowding my personal space and I took several steps back until my back hit the wall.

How? How could he-

"Why?" I choked out.

A devilish grin spread across his lips followed by laughter that echoed around the room. I could find no ounce of pity in his dark eyes.

It is clear now. Cici and Ethan has been working side by side the whole time.

But why-

"Why?" I screamed out.

His eyes turned darker in a flash and he grabbed my neck, choking me, his heavy breath fanning my face.

"Why can't you see this is all because of you?" He snarled.

"You wanted to be Dante Moretti's dirty little slut so bad you couldn't see the important things around you. Like my undying love for you Ria."

"Sto-op." I forced out.

"It hurts huh? That's how I feel knowing you are in Dante Moretti's bed every night in his fucking arms." He spat.

"Ple-a-se."

He let me go with such force I ended up hitting my head hard on the wall.

My eyes went wide and I really thought I was going to die.

For real this time.

Ethan's face suddenly went white. He seemed shocked.

He settled down in front of me almost immediately, his two hands shaking.
It was almost as if he didn't know what to do. He seemed lost.

"Ria are you okay?" His lips trembled with every word that passed his lips.

"I didn't mean to hurt you. I love you so much Ria."

"I swear that wasn't my intention please forgive me."

I watched him in utter shock, saw the tears that escaped from his eyes.
I was helpless, surprised, confused, all at the same time.
He didn't seem to be in his right mind.

Ethan and Cici are both insane.

They've totally lost it and it scares the shit out of me.

************************************

I woke up several hours later and realized I was still in the same room.

I flinched when my eyes landed on both Ethan and Cici.
They were both engrossed in their conversation they didn't realise I was awake.

"How could you let this happen?" Ethan snarled.