I do, I do

Our family and friends flew in by the morning, it was crazy. A day ago, when I woke up in our bed, I had no idea we were coming to New York.  God, I had no idea I was getting married so soon. 

"You both are fucking insane." Kay had said playfully when she arrived.

She and her husband had flew in from Cuba for our wedding.

"There's no way on earth I'm missing your wedding sis." was what she told me.

Since the notice was so short, I couldn't get my own custom wedding dress but Jamie assured me to let her take care of it.

Planning and more planning. The girls arranged an impromptu bridal shower at the penthouse while the boys hit the club for Dante's bachelor party.

It was crazy. Everything was happening so fast.

We would be getting married in few hours.

Dante had pulled a few strings and obtained our marriage license before twenty four hours. The wedding was really happening.

By 9:00PM, Jamie brought in a makeup artist/hairstylist who did my hair and makeup.

"Red lip looks amazing on you." The love of my life had said before going out with his friends.

My makeup was subtle but the lip was bold red. My hair on the other hand, was styled into a glam long ponytail. I must admit, I did look amazing.

"Your dress is here." Jamie screamed on top of her lungs.

"Oh, thank God." Kay sighed in relief.

When I saw my wedding dress, I couldn't control the tears that welled up in my eyes.

"No, no, no." Kay screamed.

"You can't cry, you will ruin the makeup!"

"I'm trying." I swallowed the sudden lump that formed in my throat.

"Breathe in, breathe out." Kay said, describing dramatically with her hands.

"Breathe in, breathe out." I repeated.

My wedding dress was elegant. I loved the floral around the whole dress especially. The dress was beyond beautiful.

Instead of a traditional white wedding
dress, it was a pastel ombre long mermaid dress. It had long sleeves, a deep plunging V neck and completely backless. The dress was dreamy, daring, sexy and beautiful all at the same time. It fitted to my body like second skin.

"Dante will go extra crazy when he sees you." Jamie gasped.

"Did you just agree with me that he is in fact crazy?" Kay walked to Jamie, her hands resting on her shoulders.

"Only a crazy person plans a wedding within less than 24 hours." Jamie shook her head slowly.

"Yes, I agree with you Kay.  He's crazy."

My friends are so dramatic!

"Don't forget he also obtained their marriage license within less than 24 hours too." Kay added.

I rolled my eyes. The two of them wouldn't stop and the wedding ceremony was about to start.

"Girls, one, I do not want to be late to my own wedding." I rolled my eyes.

"You'll go down in history as the fashionably late bride, come on." Kay scoffed.

"Two, I do not want to miss my own wedding."

Kay tried opening her smart mouth but I quickly cut her off.

"Please, we need to head out now."