5 - the deal with deals

4 months after last chapter

Bill POV

I've spent the last four months researching and trying possibilities on how to wake up my Pinetree. None have worked so far. He's still sleeping as peaceful as when he first came here 5 months ago. I sat in my Pinetrees room at his desk and looked through a couple of books I hadn't read through yet. I was skimming the pages when I came to a chapter about making deals. Intrigued I started reading.

Deals and demons

Everyone knows what happens when humans make a deal with a demon, but no one knows the dangers of making more deals. If a deal has been made, you should wait at least a week before making a new one. Making another deal just a few days after the last one can result with the human ending up in a coma like state that lasts at least three – five years. Nothing can wake the human up, there is not a spell or potion that could help. It is not possible to visit the human in the mindscape either. When the human wakes up, it will be like having taken a nap. Aftereffects; weak from the lack of eating and exercise.

I groaned. So that's what happened. No wonder he hasn't woken up yet. Wait, three to five years?! Pinetree isn't going to wake up for at least two and a half years, what am I going to do in the mean time? I got up from the chair by Pintrees desk and made my way over to him. His face was so angelic, but very pale. The only sign of him being alive was the rise and fall of his chest with every breath he took. I had to get meatsack machines to make sure that he still gets nourishment, so that he won't starve himself to death. If only he was awake right now. I stroked his hair away from his face, so I could see it better. It had grown a considerable amount, so it was now almost shoulder length. I started to trace his birthmark with my index finger. "What am I supposed to do while you're asleep?" I wondered aloud. I bent down over him and kissed his forehead softly. I caressed his cheek before I turned of the light and left his room. When the door was fully closed I let out the breath I hadn't realised I was holding. My eyes started to water before tears finally made their way down my cheeks. Why, why didn't I take precaution and checked if anything like this could happen before I made that second deal with him? I was just too eager.