12 - I promise

(A/N I don't do author notes, but i feel like i should apologize for not updating or giving an explanation.  if i don't update, it's because of personal life or school, or because I'm reading. Again, sorry for taking so long.)

Dipper POV

When I came to, I noticed that I was in my bed again. The last thing I could remember was the sensation off Bills hands on me. That sounded weird, oh well. As looked around the room, I noticed that I was all alone. I reached up to my chest and felt the pendant that I had gotten from Bill. I traced the edges of it. This was the sweetest and best gift that I had ever received.

I just laid in bed thinking over how my life would be from now on, when I remembered that I hadn't even seen my own face yet. I knew that I was thin, I could see all the bones in my hand and I felt lighter and hollower than I usually felt before.

I gathered up my courage and slid my legs over the edge of the bed. It took some struggle before I was standing upright on the floor. I made a mental note to start physical training as soon as possible, I could barely stand on my own, let alone walk, but somehow, I managed to get to the bathroom without much trouble.

When I got to the mirror, I gasped. My appearance was so much worse than I imagined it to be. I was as pale as a paper. My eyes were big in comparison to the rest of my face. My cheeks were hollow, and my face looked overall exhausted and starved. I gathered up courage to take in the rest of my appearance, but to that I had to see myself almost naked. I stripped down to my boxers and let out a strangled cry at what I saw. You could see every bone in my body. My legs looked bony and was as thin as sticks, same with my arms. The ribs were what caught my attention the most, they were so prominent through my skin, and I could count every single one of them. I didn't even have a stomach, or I did, it was just really skinny. I could note that I did look older, but not that much taller. My hair was also longer than I could remember.

I fell to the floor and started to cry. How could Bill even bear to look at me. My self-destructive thoughts continued to clog up my mind as I curled up on the floor of the bathroom.

Bill POV

I was in the kitchen making soup for my Pinetree when I heard sobs coming from the bathroom. I hurried over after remembering to turn of the stove. What I saw broke my heart. There on the floor was Pinetree curled up and sobbing.

I picked him up from the floor and walked over to the bedroom with Pinetree in my arms, crying his heart out. It was painful to watch. I sat down on the bed against the headboard with my legs outstretched and Pinetree in my lap.

3rd person POV (because I'm trying something)

Dipper buried his head into the crook of Bills neck and held onto him, tight. Bill wrapped his arms around Dipper and stroked his hair, effectively calming him down.

"Pinetree," Bill started. "What happened?" Bill looked down at the shaking boy in his arms. He hadn't looked up at Bill yet, not once. Bill started to get worried when he didn't get an answer out of him, so he started talking. "Whatever this is, talk to me, please. I hate to see you like this. Can you please tell me what happened? I wont think any less of you, I promise."

After hearing those words, Dipper looked up at Bill, seeing his clear worry. Dipper felt guilty for making Bill worry. Why couldn't he be perfect like Mabel was or something, everyone liked her.

"H-how can y-you even lo-look at me?" Dipper asked in a shaky voice. "I'm u-ugly, and skinny an-and I take up all your ti-time. I have fo-for three years now." Dipper started to sob again, burying his face into Bills shirt and grasping onto it with his thin, small hands tight.

Bills heart couldn't take any of it. Why was Dipper putting himself down so easily? Couldn't he see what a wonderful person he was? Bill wondered while wrapping his arms tight around his Pinetree and started to rock them a bit, back and forth.

"Shhh, don't think like that" Bill said in a comforting and calm voice. "I loved taking care of you, and you are not ugly. You may be too skinny right now, but that isn't your fault. You are beautiful, just the way you are." Bill kissed the top of Dippers head after the statement.

Dipper blushed, did Bill really think all that about him? After a few minutes of calming down, Dipper stuttered out a thank you. Bill smiled. His Pinetree was really cute when he stuttered.

"Now," Bill began, "What caused all this?" Dipper frowned, should he tell Bill that all it took was for him to see himself in the mirror?

While Dipper contemplated this, Bill had drawn a conclusion. "You saw yourself didn't you." It wasn't a question. It was a statement. Which meant that Dipper couldn't get out of this one. "Pinetree, you haven't eaten in over three years, of course you look like you do. I wont lie, it will be difficult to get you on your own feet again, but I will help you every step of the way." Bill shifted so that Dipper sat on his lap, facing him. Bill brought their foreheads together. "I promise."