16 - His calming nature

Dipper woke up to the sensation of warmth. In his half sleep state, he snuggled to the heat source. When he did this, heard a small chuckle and could feel the vibration of it. But, Dipper was too tired to care.

Bill looked down bemused at the sleeping boy, snuggled all the way into his chest. After he had retrieved his cane, he had went right back, not even caring about the others out there anymore. He had seen Pinetree right where he had left him, and went right to him. He had crawled in behind him and laid his arm around Dippers waist, holding him close. In doing so, Bill relaxed and had drifted into a sleep like state, to only be woken up to the sensation of Dipper snuggling closer to him, with his face in Bills chest.

Bill smiled and hugged him tighter, wishing that they could stay like this forever, but alas, like every other morning, Dipper woke up. Dipper didn't recognise his surroundings at first. He blinked several times to try to clear his blurry vision that was heavy with sleep. When he had somewhat gotten his vision back, he realised that he was in a bed, held by Bill. Since this wasn't new, it didn't alarm him. Ever since he had woken up, he had gotten nightmares. Therefore, to prevent them, he had found himself sleeping with Bill every night to supress them. This was something they both took delight in.

"Good morning Sleepyhead" Bill nuzzled Dippers hair with his nose and breathed in. Dipper blushed a bit and stuttered a good morning back. They both just lay there, not acknowledging that there was a world out there. Why should they. They had both lived in isolation for over three years, and they liked it like that. Dipper hadn't really even acknowledged that he had a family in Gravity falls yet.

Dipper snuggled further into the warmth that was Bill and let out a content sigh, reminiscing the events of the day before. Bill had woken him by kissing his nose, his eyelids, cheeks, forehead, ears and even his stomach. When Dipper had opened his eyes, Bill had wished him gently a happy seventeenth birthday and brought him breakfast in bed, not too much, since he couldn't stomach it all yet. Then, Bill had proposed to go on a outing. Not far, just out to that clearing. It was perfect. Bill and Dipper ha walked hand in hand, swinging their arms back and forth, laughing together, towards the clearing that was only a bit further. When they had gotten there, they had laid down on the grass and looked up at the sky, talking, about everything and nothing at the same time. It was so peaceful, and Dipper had eventually fallen asleep.

"What are you smiling about" Bill asked smirking. This brought Dipper back to reality, and he smiled up at Bill with that smile that made Bills heart melt. "You know, about what we did yesterday..." Dipper trailed off looking at his hands, that held onto Bills shirt. "Today" Bill stated. "What?" Dipper was confused, and still a bit disorientated from sleep. "It's still your birthday, it's four in the evening" Dipper blushed. Had it really not been that long? Oh well, Dipper wasn't going to complain.

They got up from bed and made their way over to the living room. "So, what do you want to do for the rest of the day?" Bill asked as he clasped his hands together with an enthusiastic smile. Dipper pretended to think for a while. "Hmmmm, perhaps we can binge-watch some of the series that I have missed while in a coma?" he asked hopefully while blinking his eyes innocently. Bill, of course, could not resist this, so, he smiled with glee and dragged Dipper over to the couch setting him down. When Dipper was settled, he turned to the TV and picked a random show that was on his list with movies and shows he had to show Dipper. When Dipper was asleep, he had all the time in the world to be sad and eat ice cream while watching TV and occasionally glance in the direction on Dippers room. When the episode started, Bill rushed to the couch next to Dipper, and draped his arm over him.

Dipper, who was engrossed in the episode, started to notice that someone was running their fingers through his hair. That someone was of course Bill. Dipper leaned into Bills hand and closed his eyes. Bill noticed this and smiled. He kept on running his fingers through Dippers hair and noticed that Dipper started to nod off. Smiling, Bill started to lay down, dragging Dipper, carefully, with him down, so that he was laying on Bills chest. Bill continued the calming action with his hand in Dippers hair and held around Dippers back with his other arm. It didn't take long before Dipper was out like a light. Bill smiled down at the sleeping form on his chest and kissed the constellation on his forehead. Whit his magic, Bill pulled a blanket over them and turned the TV off while turning the lights all the way off. It was still a bit too early to go to bed, but Bill didn't care.

Bill ended up falling asleep to the sound of Dippers calm breaths, and the feel of his chest rising and falling against his own. Neither of them woke up until the next day.