nineteen

serenity

it was the day of the hang out with the twins or like i prefer to call it "the date." i smiled at myself in the mirror. i had on a summer dress and simple sandals. my hair was curled and feel down a little past my shoulders. i had light makeup on to match my look, and i actually felt confident. i hated only one thing. my eyes. they were a dark but light shade of brow and weren't pretty. they never matched anything, which is weird because eyes? i always wanted blue or even hazel eyes, but i got stuck with brown. i decided to just brush it off and do some final touches. soon i heard a car horn honk, startling me a little. i took once last glance at myself, straightened my dress and headed out.

right as i stepped out i saw ethan, he look insanely handsome as always. than grayson, who looked like he fell right from heaven. this wasn't even possible. why was this happening to me. i smiled and got into the car. i sat in the back and tried to admire them silently from a distance. obviously it didn't work well when grayson turned and looked back at me, letting out his laugh. his laugh, my favorite thing about him. my heart fluttered like it did every time i was with them.

we finally reached our destination, it was a park where in the distance i could see a picnic area laid out. this was always my dream date. how could they know?

"do you like it?" i heard ethan say, i turned to him and he was smiling proudly. man was he the romantic type. i fell for him hard. "i love it." i replied. we sat down and ate and just talked. grayson seemed nervous. he was still so adorable. it was calm listening to the sound of the river flow by. i laid down and closed my eyes just enjoying the sweet life i was now living. i must have fallen asleep because i was awoken by a light shake. i opened my eyes only to meet graysons. he smiled and told me i fell asleep for an hour. i was embarrassed, he smiled and tucked my hair behind my ear. the butterflies in my stomach were so intense. ethan cleared his throat making us both turn around. he smiled awkwardly breaking away from the moment grayson and i just had. he asked if i wanted to go to their spot they found.

i smiled and agreed. we all pilled in the car again. as we drove in the sunset, listening to music, i was falling in love with each of these boys more and more which i had no idea was possible. we soon reached a cliff where you could see all the cities lights in the dark that now covered the sky. i took in the view. it was beautiful. i've lived here for years and never knew this spot existed, how did they and they've been here for a day? i didn't care. i was living life and i loved it. ethan went back to the car to get a blanket, so it was just grayson and i. i turned to him and found he was admiring me. i smiled and turned away when his hand slowly touched my cheek and turned my face back to him. we looked at each other before he suddenly leaned in and kissed me. no words said. he just kissed me underneath the night stars. i didn't know how to feel, it was so sudden but i didn't want it to end. he pulled away and i looked into his eyes, which was like finding the words he never spoke. i then turned to face ethan. he looked sad, broken. my heart shattered at the sight and i didn't even think about grayson in this moment. but he just turned away. what had i gotten myself into?