forty-seven

serenity

i read ethan's texts over and over again. he was coming home. now. i didn't know how to react. i was still stuck between them both. but for a minute, realization came to me. that everything would be okay and that i know id regret it if i didn't go see them. even if it was for one last time. remembering ethan's text, i did love him. i never stopped. it's just i started to feel his love less and less that my love for him was hidden. in grayson's case my love for him disappeared. until he said all the right things. i was in love with the thought. the thought of being happy and in love with someone again. grayson saying that he loved me, saying he wanted he happy was all i needed to hear for my mind to be tricked into believing that ethan wasn't the one for me. that just because he hurt me once i needed someone else. i couldn't be happy in a relationship all the time. what was i even doing?

at the airport i sat down nervously scratching the side of my coffee cup. i don't know why i was so nervous. i guess it was because i hadn't seen them in almost 7 months. i threw away the cup. i hates the noise it made, and it didn't help my nervous jitters. i hated being nervous. i waited for what seemed like an eternity. until finally i saw the people coming out of the terminal. my heart pounded. this was it. they walked out.

my heart raced. my legs felt like jello. i thought i was going to pass out. there they were. grayson. smiling wide at me. and ethan. my one and only ethan. something ticked in me. made me run as fast as i could and jump into his arms. a few silent "awhs" were heard. i was holding him so tightly. my tears freely falling into his hoodie as i snuggled into his neck. i missed his scent. i missed him so much more than i could ever imagine. he regained his balance and held me tight. kissing my cheek and whispering the sweetest things into my ear. i got down and looked him in the eyes. tears covering his sight. he blinked to let them fall and i wiped them away. i then grabbed his face and kissed him. the most passionate kiss we both have ever shared.

i turned to look at grayson. he smiled and opened his arms. though i wasn't in love with him i still loved him dearly. i hugged him and told him a missed him too. "go be with ethan. you guys deserve each other" he whispered. i nodded and walked towards ethan once more. mouthing a quick "thank you."

i hugged ethan tightly making sure that this was the last time for a long time i would have to let him go.

"i love you." he whispered and kissed my forehead. the butterflies appeared, they always do. and that how i knew i was in love. "i love you too eth."

now what? you may ask. he doesn't live in florida. but no. no bad thoughts. i was enjoying this beautiful moment, with this beautiful boy. everything wrong in life would be fixed. and every problem washed away because here we were, now. we would figure it out. just like we always do.