twenty-four

serenity

i just explained everything to my best friends and they told me i had to fix it. and i know i had to i just didn't know where to start, let alone how to fix it. they were leaving florida in a few days and i only had so long to make it up. i grabbed my stuff and walked out driving to every hotel out here i could think of. finally i found the one and after fighting with the desk lady, i got the room number. i walked up into there hotel and knocked on their door. no answer. i knocked again louder and a shirtless ethan opened the door. you could tell he hasn't slept. and i knew it was all my fault.

"serenity, what are you doing here?" he said. i pushed past him and saw grayson was sitting staring out the window lost in thought. "you guys weren't answering." i said "we need to talk." they both looked at each other and then started to fight. they yelled about who is right and i just sat clueless in the middle. grayson then turned to me.

"tell him to move on serenity." he said.

"just tell him how you really feel." ethan replied after.

my heart pounded, i was lost not knowing what to say. a thought came to my mind. my inner self told me to stop. stop what i was about to say. that this would ruin things. but i didn't listen and i choked up the words, "i'm in love with both of you." the room feel silent. grayson clenched his jaw. ethan just looked upset. he then walked out of the hotel room, grayson following shortly after. i ran back out after them, watching as the two guys i love walk in different directions.

and now there i stood in there hotel room, stressed and feeling utterly stupid for what i just said. i don't think there was ever a time to recover from that.