forty-five

ethan

i stared at my phone. serenity still never texted. it did suck, i felt like i had lost her. the love of my life. but i was coming home, or coming back to her. i booked the first flight out to florida. there was no way i was going another day without seeing her. whether she still wanted me or not, i loved her dearly, and i couldn't bare not seeing her face. its been 6 and a half months. a long, long, long 6 and a half months.

i found out what grayson was hiding. he told serenity he loved her. it caused a problem, but not something we didn't recover from. the reason i didn't react the way i did last time was because i just knew deep down that she was meant for me. and that she would make the right decision. i packed the last of my things. shooting her one last text. i got onto the plane with grayson. i cant say that things haven't been off with us. they definitely have.

"why did you do it?" i suddenly asked. "what?" he replied, this was going to be a long flight, i better make the best of it. get some unanswered questions. "you know what i'm talking about gray." he sighed.

"because i thought that maybe i had a chance. you guys were falling apart. and i know that's the worst thing for me to do as a brother, but it's not like i didn't give her advice first. i did and she took it but it just didn't feel right to me. it didn't feel right that she didn't know how i truly felt. and you can't say that it wasn't bad for your half. you basically ignored her, and that's not what she deserves. we both know that." he finished, and it finally made little sense to me. everything he said was true. he did try to help her, but she was too overwhelmed and hurt by my actions. grayson probably said all the right things. maybe all the things i should've said. plus he had a point, she did deserve to know how he felt. and it felt good knowing the truth. i knew now i just wanted to sleep. because then i would get to florida faster. i would see serenity and get the real answers.

if she was still mine.