forty-three

ethan

i sat here, in my empty dark hotel room at 2:58am. i waited for serenity to shoot a text or even a call to tell me that we were okay. everything was perfect and we belonged together. because we do. and no matter what would happen between us i would never stop. giving her time was probably the best. not only did she have time to figure out herself, i had time to make things okay with myself. to learn from my mistakes. i was changing for the better for serenity. she deserved it. i messed up making her feel alone and helpless, something a boyfriend should never do. and i was determined to make things right.

i didn't want to rush anything. i can't just text her and tell her i'm a better person because she could still be thinking. she knows she can't leave me. and i can't leave her. she just had to admit it to herself. we had a few more days left of tour before it was over, and i could reunite with serenity again. i could say it a million times but tour was amazing and i loved it. through the whole journey again grayson and i have accomplished so many life goals. i couldn't have done anything without him.

speaking of gray. he had been acting kind of, what's the word, weird? distant? it felt like maybe like he was hiding something. it started a few days ago after he made a phone call. i still to this day have no idea who it was but i just left it alone. i had a lot of stuff on my mind anyways. most likely more important than little secret that he would spill sooner or later.

i stared at my phone clock. 3:07am. no sleep for me again. i saw that serenity had tweeted. it kind of hurt to see her active and online and  still never getting the reply. but i had to be patient. i turned off my phone and laid back on the uncomfortable mattress, trying again for sleep. i was destined to make things perfect between serenity and i again. i just had to wait first.