twenty-one

ethan

the day had finally come to where we were hanging out with serenity. i couldn't be more excited, or nervous. she made my stomach twist and turn. when i was finally ready grayson and i headed out to the car. we drove to serenity's and when i saw she wasn't outside i honked the car horn. i hope i didn't scare her. she walked out and my jaw dropped. she was wearing this summer dress that fit her body perfectly. she looked so attractive. she met my eyes first and then grayson's. oh how i feel for this girl. she hoped in the back and i started to drive to the perfect area gray and i had planned. she always seemed like the type of girl to love picnic dates, so i just gave it my best shot. as we were driving, i saw grayson turn back and look at serenity. it was awfully quiet. soon he let out a laugh and it made me regret choosing to drive as i had to keep my eyes on the road at all times.

eventually we arrived, serenity looked beyond happy and it just felt right to ask her if she liked it, so i did. she told me she loved it making a sense of relief flow over me. we walked over to the picnic area and ate. she shared her stories as we shared ours. it was a good day. she laid back and closed her eyes. she was gorgeous. i cleaned up a little and looked back to see grayson admiring her. i could lie and tell you that a little jealously wasn't felt, but i ignored it, hoping she wasn't going to fall for him. i loved my brother, but i wanted serenity.

an hour or so later, serenity was still sleeping, so i decided maybe we should wake her up and take her to the spot. we discovered it yesterday and it would be such a romantic place to take her. so i told gray to wake her up as i finished packing up our belongings. when i came back i saw grayson tuck her hair behind her ear. my jealously came back but i tried hard to push it away. i cleared my throat breaking them away from each other. she smiled awkwardly at me and i just asked if she wanted to go to the spot. she showed a real smile at me. oh i loved her smile. and then she said yes.

we drove in the sunset. it was beautiful, and i bet serenity looked amazing in it. i couldn't help but think she was falling for grayson. but i just pushed it aside. maybe i had a chance. i pushed it all my thoughts away because we had finally got to the cliff. it was dark out meaning the cities lights would glow perfectly. serenity rushed out excited to see it all. man was she everything i wanted. i watched her look down at the lights when i thought of a perfect idea. i should get a blanket and we could all sit and talk. i walked back to the car. i eventually found the blanket and brought it back out, only to find that grayson had leaned in to kiss serenity. my heart broke. my brother and the girl i had fell for were kissing. they broke away and looked into each others eyes. i was strong. i never cried, but this time it felt like my whole world came crashing down on me. serenity then turned and faced me. i could tell my expression broke her heart. grayson felt guilty, i could tell by the way he also looked at me. i didn't know what to do.

i couldn't yell at serenity, nor grayson. it's not his fault if serenity wants him. its mine since i thought she wanted me. all i could do was turn around and walk with my heart in pieces.