twenty-five

ethan

i know i said i couldn't yell at grayson, but after i got away from serenity it was like all my emotions that were making me sad were replaced with anger. grayson and i fought all night. it was never like this between us. i hated it. but he knew how i felt about serenity. but then again he felt the same. it was so difficult being in love with the same girl. you couldn't share her. after hours of useless fighting i went to sleep. or i tried to. i couldn't stop thinking about what i should do. we both ignored serenity's texts, i felt bad. but there was nothing to really say to her. i wasn't mad. i was hurt.

i woke up to pounding on our hotel room door. i looked over at grayson. he also looked as he hasn't slept, and he was staring off. probably lost in thought. the knock got louder and i went over to answer it. i opened the door only to reveal a very upset serenity. i was so confused. how did she find out where we were staying? before i could finish my sentence she cut me off and walked inside the hotel. she looked at gray and then finally spoke.

"you guys weren't answering." she started "we need to talk." i looked over at grayson and i couldn't help but get another flashback from last night. i was already so stressed out, i lost control hearing serenity's voice again, anger boiled up and i started to yell at him again, not caring about serenity being right here. grayson defensively yelled back, and a whole argument started up. we fought about who had the right to be mad, it was so pointless. grayson turned to serenity.

"tell him to move on serenity." he said. i was taken back, just because they kissed doesn't mean she wants him now. does it?

"just tell him how you really feel." i replied. she looked lost, i felt bad but she really got us into this whole mess. i waited for her to reply. she took a breath.

"im in love with both of you." i stayed silent. grayson stayed silent. she stayed silent. the whole room was silent. i felt liked i was just punched in the gut, and then in the face a couple of times. the girl i fell for was not only in love with me but my twin brother. that doesn't feel good. i didn't know what to say, if there was even anything to say. i felt like there was nothing else to do here so i walked out. just left my hotel room, not caring that i had just woken up. i had to go somewhere, anywhere but where i was. my mind was eating me alive.