thirty-three

ethan

tour was amazing, meeting all of our supports and traveling the world was every dream come true. the only downfall was always feeling like i was being taken away from serenity. we were both hurting not seeing each other, it was almost like losing her face in the crowd of millions of others. i tried my best to call her, but we it felt like living in different worlds. right then, i heard my phone start to ring. serenity. i answered.

"hey eth." she said.

"hey serenity." i said. it was 2:57am where i was, but i tried my best to not sound tired and stay awake, "i'm sorry if i woke you." she said. she always felt like she had to apologize but she didn't.

"no its okay, i would answer you no matter what time." i told her, it was true. she asked the usual when would i be home question. i really didn't know so it was hard to answer without sounding annoyed or sad. "i don't know." i replied blankly. the line was silent but i heard her quiet cries. it broke my heart. i was torn in two. she told me she was going to let me sleep, but i know she was hurting.

"sereni-" i started, but she cut me off. "it okay eth, we'll talk some other time." then i heard the beep, indicating she had hung up. i didn't know what to do. i heard in her voice she wanted to be relieved of pain. i didn't wanna leave her since i met her. timing was terrible. my heart wants to come home. but what was home? she lived in florida. it hurt so much knowing that things were so difficult between us. it was a blessing and a curse to fall for her.