twenty-six

grayson

when we got back to our hotel, all ethan and i did was fight. it made sense that he was angry, i just kissed the girl he wanted, but it wasn't fair. he wanted her just as much as i did. we argued for countless hours, im surprised no one called to complain about our noise. finally ethan went to bed. i looked at my phone and serenity's messages, i couldn't reply. what was there to say. sleep was a joke. i woke up too early and couldn't fall back asleep. ethan was still asleep so i just stared outside the hotels window and got lost in my thoughts.

i heard a knock on our hotel door, but i didnt care, ethan would get it, and he did. he tried to talk whoever came through but he was cut off. i tried to resume my thinking even when i felt a pair of eyes watching me. there was only one thing that snapped me out of it. serenity's voice. she said we needed to talk. i looked over at ethan, i could tell that triggered him. he started yelling at me. that he was right and that triggered me, i spoke for the first time in a long while to just yell back. i felt bad for serenity, she shouldn't have to go through this. i faced her.

"tell him to move on serenity." i told her.

"just tell him how you really feel." ethan replied. we both sat there, waiting for her to say something, anything. but she didn't, even though i could tell the words were boiling up inside her. finally she spoke.

"im in love with both of you." i clenched my jaw. i wasn't sure what to feel, but what i just heard, that was explainable. its unfair, she had my going psycho. she kissed me and she had the guts to say she loved not only me but my brother. i felt like everything i ever wanted was ripped away from me. i had to leave. i guess ethan had the same thought as he just walked out. i wanted to glance at her once more, but i couldn't. i follow ethan out. i then went the opposite way he did. i couldn't be around either of them right now. i was too out of it all.