Chapter One: Welcome to Los Angeles

"Please turn off all electronics and put your seat belts on. The plane will be arriving in Los Angeles in fifteen minutes," the blonde flight attendant spoke into the speaker.

[Name] sighed and pulled out her [favorite color] ear buds, then tucked them and her phone away in her black sweatshirt's pocket. She yawned quietly with outstretched arms, and accidentally smacked the person beside her in the face. She put her arms down quickly and looked at the man's annoyed facial expression. "Sorry. Won't happen again," [Name] mumbled then turned her head away from the glaring man. [Name] reached for her seat belt and easily strapped herself in the not-so-comfortable blue plane seat. 

Sighing out of boredom, [Name] impatiently tapped her nails on the plastic white table in front of her. On it, there was two empty chocolate pudding cups, half a bottle of water, and a licked clean plastic spoon. The plane didn't have many food choices to choose from -- just the simple, cheap things they serve in the movies. [Name] thought that when she actually flew on a plane herself, it wouldn't be as bad as they make it in the movies.

But it was.

Aside from the tasteless, cheap food they served, a ten year old boy had kicked [Name]'s chair for two hours straight while making rude remarks before passing out, and in the seats across from her a child cried nonstop while the mother ignored the loud crying completely by plugging her ears with pink ear buds. 

Yep, just as bad as in the movies. 

A short brunette flight attendant walked down the narrow pathway between the seats collecting any trash the passengers had. She stopped by [Name]'s seat and threw the trash into the black garbage bag with a fake smile spread across her face. [Name] thanked her quietly with a small smile before the woman walked away. The [hair color] girl sunk back into the blue chair and let out another bored sigh. She turned her head and faced the man that glared at her many times on the long flight. 

"You know, you glared at me awfully a lot during this long time period we've been together," [Name] said. The man just lazily shrugged his shoulders and continued reading the science magazine he held in his large hands.

"I think you own me an apology, after all we might never see each other again," [Name] said blinking innocently with a hand over her heart. The blonde man turned his head and looked at her straight in the eyes.

"That would be a dream come true." 

"You apologizing and then us being the best of friends, but then we have to part ways until we meet next because of fate?" [Name] asked looking into the distance with a smile plastered on her face. 

"No," the man said bluntly which instantly crushed the overly excited girl's day dream. The hopeful smile disappeared as quickly as it appeared and she snapped her head to the blonde main, "What?"

"It'd be a dream come true for me to never have to see you again," the man said then went back to his lame science magazine. [Name] crossed her arms and huffed.

"I didn't like you anyways."

*    *    *

[Name] smiled as she walked out the busy airport. Her flight landed safely and she was finally able to get off and stretch like she never stretched before. Her legs were still slightly numb, but she shrugged it off. She was just happy she wasn't sitting next to the rude blonde man anymore. After they had piled out of the plane, [Name] walked up to the man, stuck her tongue out at him, then skipped away shouting, "Bye bitch!" at him. She wasn't able to see his reaction, but she imagined it in her head and had a good laugh at it. 

Now, [Name] stood at the edge of the sidewalk hopelessly trying to catch the attention of a cab, but was failing miserably. She let out an annoyed sigh and covered her eyes with her hands.

"Great. I can't even get a freaking cab," the [hair color] girl said with disappointment in her voice. Someone tapped shyly on her shoulder, it was so light she barely felt it. She removed her hands from her face and turned around and met the eyes of a cute man. He was tall with light blue eyes and brunette hair. He smiled at her with his perfectly straight pearly whites. 

"Having trouble?" he asked kindly. [Name] stared at him, absorbing his beautiful face and body. She blinked and looked away for a second, "Huh? O-oh yeah, I guess." 

The man smiled once again, and stuck two fingers in his mouth and let out a perfectly sounding whistle. Seconds later, a yellow cab pulled up in front of them. [Name] stood there with her mouth open. 

"How'd you do that?" she asked staring at him with amazement. 

"I've lived here my whole life," he explained. [Name] nodded understanding, then opened the backseat of the cab. "Well, thanks a lot," she said smiling at the nice stranger. [Name] shoved her [favorite color] suitcase in her backseat then stepped in herself and shut the door. The nice stranger nodded then walked away out of sight. [Name] sighed, she was hoping that he'd give her his number, or ask for hers. But her life wasn't a cliche movie where you meet a cute stranger right off the bat and end up getting married.

No, her life was a simple, boring, normal life.

"Where to little lady?" the cab driver asked checking her out in the review mirror. [Name] scrunched up her nose in disgust and looked down at the business card she was given. "Uh.. Survey Corps building," she said, but it came out more like a question. The driver nodded then stepped on the gas peddle. 

The cab smelled like a mixture of cat piss and dog food. But there was the slightest smell of strawberry from the probably expired car freshener. After what seemed like forever to [Name] (it was actually only fifteen minutes) the cab pulled up to a tall skyscraper that had the words 'Survey Corps' carved above the door in bold letters. The cab driver turned around slapping his gum, "That'll be twelve bucks little lady."

[Name] rolled her eyes and pulled out twelve dollars and handed it to the disgusting cab driver. He counted it then nodded, and [Name] quickly grabbed her suitcase and got out of the cab. She smelled her sleeve to make sure she didn't smell like cat piss and dog food from sitting in that cab. And her to luck, she didn't. She still smelled like her classic cotton and strawberries. 

The only reason she had come to Los Angeles was to do a job interview for Survey Corps, her previous boss had kindly sent her information to the building in Los Angeles (probably because he wanted her to get as far away as possible) in hope that she'd be accepted for an interview. They were impressed with her IQ score, along with all the other information that was sent and called saying she was accepted for a job interview. The pay would be nice -- really nice. That's why she packed up and came as soon as possible. 

[Name] walked in the building receiving multiple stares. She was wearing gray sweatpants that were two sizes bigger than she needed, and a black sweatshirt with black combat boots. It wasn't exactly the professional look, but she had only worn it to be comfortable on the plane. [Name] immediately found a women's bathroom and locked herself in one of the stalls. She sat her suitcase over to toilet and zipped it open. Her [eye color] eyes quickly found the black knee-length skirt, white button up, and royal blue blazer. 

[Name] changed out of her lazy outfit into her professional one. She then shoved her clothes and shoes in the suitcase and pulled out her matching blue heels. She slipped them on easily and zipped her suitcase back up. After flattening the wrinkles in her shirt, she picked up her suitcase and walked out of the bathroom. This time she didn't get any odd stares, meaning she blended in perfectly. 

"Time to get this show on the road," [Name] said to herself.