Chapter Nine: Abandoned Gas Station

Okay, so maybe 'a couple of hours' was an understatement. They had been in the car for many, many hours. But with Levi's dangerous speed, they had arrived at a different place rather quickly. 

"I can't believe we're in Washington.." Sasha trailed off as she jumped out of the van and onto the gravel that sat on the side of the worn down road. All their joints were stiff from sitting in that van for so long, they had stopped at an abandoned gas station -- or at least it looked abandoned. It was one of those gas stations that looks like it's been there for years, just sitting on the side of the road completely blocked by overgrown grass and trees. 

"I'm going to check out that gas station to see if there's anything in it," [Name] said after she had stretched out her muscles. "I'll go with you," Levi said walking beside her. [Name] raised an eyebrow, "I thought you were mad at me for calling you shorty in the van."

Levi turned to glare at her so [Name] just put her hands up in defense. "Make yourselves useful and keep watch on our stuff," Levi ordered looking at Connie and Sasha. They both nodded and put their backs up against the van with their arms crossed. They had even tried to put the 'bodyguard' face on, but they both ended up failing and laughing. Levi rolled his eyes and scoffed. 

"Idiots.." He mumbled and started walking in the thigh high grass. [Name] followed him and tried to resist the urge to scratch her legs til they bled. The grass tickled them nonstop, and it made it feel like bugs were crawling all over her. All she wanted to do was scratch them then rinse them down with a hose or something. 

[Name] suddenly envied Levi for wearing pants. 

After they walked through the itchy thigh high grass, they finally were right in front of the dusty building. "Filthy," Levi muttered in disgust. [Name] rolled her eyes, "You are a clean freak. Who would've guessed."

Levi turned and glared at her, but she only glared back. He scoffed and pulled out both of his swords, ready to attack anything that could be inside the supposedly abandoned gas station. They walked towards it was soundless steps, but both instantly stopped when they heard something get knocked over. [Name]'s eyes widened and she looked worriedly to Levi. Levi stayed calm though, but his shoulders tensed slightly.

He turned around and put a finger to his lips, telling her to be quiet. [Name] guessed it was one of Them, but how could it have gotten in there in the first place? Wasn't it supposed to be abandoned?

[Name] pushed her curious questions aside and followed slowly behind a ready-to-fuck-you-up Levi. There was another crash from inside, then the sound of someone whispering. [Name] raised an eyebrow as the voice got louder -- voices got louder. "I think there are people in there," [Name] whispered to Levi. 

"Possibly, but it could also be someone changing into one of Them," Levi whispered back. He was right -- he was always right -- that could be a possibility. [Name] hasn't seen anyone change into one of Them, and she didn't plan on it either. She couldn't imagine watching something like that.

It'd probably look painful. 

Levi's hand hovered over the handle, but before he pulled it open he turn around. "Make sure you have your gun ready," He whispered. [Name] nodded and lifted her gun like in the shows -- up to your chest and pointed towards the sky. 

"One," Levi started.

"Two," [Name] continued.

"Three."

-------------------

Probably the shortest update but there are stories who have even shorter updates; so remember that. 

What do you think is making those noises? Or who?

Comment (: