Epilogue

- FIVE YEARS LATER -

The surviving Scouts stand in front of the big, tall headstone that belongs to Levi Ackerman and [Name] [Surname]. The words "OUR HEROES" is carved in big, bold letters on the top of the stone. Under it the words "The people who sacrificed themselves for humanity's sake, our heroes, our saviors."

        After the cure was launched, every zombie in America fells to the ground. Immediately Sasha and everyone looked for Levi and [Name]. But once they found them, they realized they were too late.

        Surround by fainted zombies was the couple. Pieces of their skin was missing, their clothes were torn, but the main thing that stuck out was how they were holding hands. Even in death they showed their love. 

        Hanji found something while examining their bodies. Not only the fact that they had killed themselves, but the surprising fact that [Name] was almost a month pregnant. 

        Thanks to them they were able to launch the cure. But none of them had expected the outcome of their actions. 

        A few months after The Curing, that's what people call it, America's government started to put itself back together again. With the help of Hanji and a few other scientist, they were able to make more of the cure and send it to every country, curing the rest of the world. After that came what people called The Great Depression II.

        Every cured one got their memories back, zombies that were trapped under large things or trapped in general died once they became human from either being crushed to death or starved, and the world was just a mess. Streets were ruined, shops were raided. Food supply was extremely low. Not many farms made it out alive.

        It was terrible. The world was a mess for three years, until people actually started doing something about it. Countries that never got along were suddenly helping each other out. Slowly the world was putting itself together again. But nothing would ever be the same. 

        Scientist created a vaccine for the zombie virus to prevent anything like that to ever happen again. 

        "Five years already," Connie mumbles. Every year they did this, on the same day they died. 

        "They were great people," Eren sighs, "even if Levi was an asshole most of the time." Short, quiet laughs echoed with the wind. 

        "I really wish they were still here," Marco frowns, looking up at the clouds.

        Everyone said their own words, and shared memories before they had to go. Sasha stayed behind and squatted down and placed a few [f/c] flowers by the gravestone. 

        "I really would've liked to be an aunt," she smiles.

        "Sasha, come on!" 

        "Coming!" She looks at [Name]'s name for a brief moment before standing up and running towards them. She caught up with Connie and intertwined her hand with his. He turned and smiled at her then pecked her on the cheek. 

        Taking one last look at the gravestone, Sasha smiled, remembering how [Name] told her they were only living, they were surviving.

        And surviving is what she will do.