Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Plan

The plan was simple, yet difficult at the same time. Levi had spent every day, every second, of their time trapped in the MP's hangout, secretly analyzing the building along with the cruel members. He almost got caught once -- almost. The man saw Levi looking around and decided to ask him about, maybe a little roughing up here and there, but it was nothing Levi couldn't handle.

        "We've been here for two weeks," Levi started, his hands slightly moving as he prepared to say his plan out loud, "and I've noticed that the stupid guards have shifts and they change out at different times depending what day."

        Levi paused and scanned to see the reactions of everyone in the group. [Name]'s eyes were blank and her lips were pursed to the side; almost like she was nervously chewing on the inside of her cheek.

        She was.

        She knew Levi was smart, but the question was: Was he smarter than all the MP members? [Name] didn't want to doubt Levi, so she stayed quiet as he explained, her eyes sometimes drifting away only to stare blankly at one of the white walls that had spots of missing paint here and there. The other people in the room, people none of them bothered to talk to and vice versa. 

        "When do you think this plan will become real?" Mikasa butted in, her voice steady but demanding. Her usual coal colored eyes shone with hope, something strange to see on her.

        Levi paused, glanced around, then met his eyes with hers. "Tomorrow. At night." 

        Everyone was taken back when he revealed the date of their escape. It was sudden, almost too sudden. But they all knew they wouldn't get another chance than this. They had to take it while it was still possible. Levi's eyes flickered to his side to see [Name] quietly biting on her lip. Trying to reassure her, he silently slipped his hand over hers and intertwined their fingers. [Name]'s eyes looked up in surprise, but immediately soften and she gave a small smile. 

        "Did you say tomorrow?" Jean asked as if he didn't hear the raven haired man correctly. Levi snapped out of his gaze with [Name] and glared at Jean. "No idiot, I said next year." 

        Jean rolled his eyes and surrendered his hands. "My bad." 

        It was Levi's turn to roll his eyes. "Anyways, yes tomorrow. Right when the sun goes down, the guards switch shifts. It usually takes around five to ten minutes for them to be completely switched and on task. So that means we have five to ten minutes to escape." Everyone else stayed quiet as Levi continued to explain the plan, going over even last detail. While he talked, everyone listened, absorbing the information into their brains and then planting in there. 

        Nothing could go wrong, or it'd all be pointless.

        "Are you sure this is going to work?" [Name] asked, her voice serious. Levi let out a small sigh and looked at her. 

        "It's our only plan. If anyone else has something better, please do tell." When no one else spoke, they all knew it was clear. Even if the plan wouldn't work out and they'd all either end up dead or as human slaves again ([Name] didn't really see the difference), they still had to try. 

        "Well that sucks, since we MP's know all about your little plan now."

        The voice was feminine, but low and blunt. Everyone's eyes snapped to the opened door to see a tall brunette with freckles sprinkled onto her cheeks and a small blonde right behind her. [Name], Connie, Sasha, Armin, and Eren's mouths fell ajar as they stared at the two females with the MP's symbol on their jackets.

        It was Christa and Ymir. 

        "What she means is that we'll help you," Christa said laughing nervously as she pushed Ymir out of the way. Ymir frowned but stayed calm, acting like she didn't disagree with the plan.

        Everyone knew she disagreed with the plan.

        "Help? What do you mean help? You guys are with the MP," Eren paused, but his eyes didn't from their harsh glare, "for all we know you guys could be messing with us before you shoot us dead." 

        Christa sighed, her head tilting downward. Her blonde locks fell carelessly around her shoulders, only a few pieces stayed next to her face to frame it. "You see, Kenny Ackerman killed my mother a very, very long time ago."

I was originally planning on updating tomorrow, but I decided you know what, I'm just going to update today. There still might be and update for tomorrow though, since this chapter was so short. But like I said, with school, volleyball, and all the family problems going on right now, it's hard for me to find time to write, think of ideas, and try to make it good in the process. So yeah, expect another update tomorrow or later on in the week.

I think I have a new schedule. I'm going to update every Tuesday/Wednesday and Saturday/Sunday. Sometimes I'll update both of one of them, all of them, or just one of them. Kay? Kay.

Comment thoughts, ideas, reviews-- all of that if you want.

Also, sorry this is so short. IT'S HARD TO WRITE LONG ONES ANYMORE OKAY.