Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Escape (Part One)

Ymir remained silent as she lead them through parts of the building that they hadn't seen before. No wanting to risk anything, the group of human slaves stayed quiet, also. Suddenly Ymir stopped by a metal door that was painted a sky blue, but the paint was obviously old since there were a lot of spaces of the sky blue color missing.

        Ymir did a quick look around to make sure no one else was in the area, then quickly opened the door and ushered them inside. "Get in there. Hurry." 

        Levi rolled his eyes and walked inside the room. One by one the rest of them filed inside. [Name] stepped in a looked around the room; it was almost like a small bedroom but had no furniture in it. The only thing in there besides them was Christa. "Why are we here?" [Name] asked blinking slowly. 

        "I have an idea."

        They all raised an eyebrow. "And?" Eren pushed.

        "It involves getting your weapons back, and some new ones." Christa went on. Sasha smiled, her eyes widening. "Seriously?! 'Cause I feel so naked without a weapon." 

        "I did not need to know that," Eren said cringing. Sasha rolled her eyes at him then turned back to Christa to listen for more details. [Name] glanced over at Levi to see his usual masked face, just expressionless and staring forward. It'd been about two and a half weeks since they confessed their feelings, but [Name] could still tell that Levi was having trouble showing them. It also didn't help that they were being forced as human slaves and that the dead are moving around eating people.

        That might just be an assumption, but you never know.

        Levi caught [Name]'s gaze and soften his eyes as he looked at her worn out figure. When his eyes met hers, the corners of his mouth twitched like they wanted to smile but couldn't bring themselves to the not-so familiar feeling. He knows that he hasn't been the best boyfriend, hell, the word "boyfriend" in general made him feel uneasy, but even though he didn't show it often, he cared about [Name]. The past two and a half weeks have been nothing but short, small kisses, cuddling, small talk, and the occasional making eye contact while they worked. Sure, he felt bad, but there wasn't much he could really do with the situation they were in. But when they escaped this place, he promised himself that'd he would make it up to her.

        Because in all honesty, he was falling for her. Hard, too.

        [Name] smiled at Levi when she saw him looking back at her, with only ended up with Levi quickly turning away with a faint color of pink dusting his cheeks. [Name] lightly laughed then turned her attention back to Christa.

        "Meet Ymir and me by the pole with the orange paint on it after dinner, because we'll get those weapons and then get out of here," Christa explain, her eyes shining with big hope, like she fully believed that their plan would work out. 

        "How are we going to get out, anyways?" Connie asked.

        "You guys planned it, I'm just going to help along the way."

        "What about after we escape? Where would we even go?" Armin questioned, looking worried and unsure about the idea itself.

        "Already got that planned out."

        "What do you mean 'planned out,'" Levi asked, his stormy gray eyes turning into slits. Christa sighed and shut her eyes, then opened them moments later. "Just trust me on this."

        "We should we trust you to begin with?" Mikasa asked coldly, her voice still monotone.

        "Like I said, you can kill me if I break your trust or betray you," Christa reminded. The room fell silent, then [Name] sighed. "Either way we have to take the chance." Sasha bit her lip like she was thinking about then raised her hands up and shrugged, "She's right. We have to take the chance."