Chapter Ten: How They Turn

An eerie silence fell upon the five young adults in the abandoned run-down gas station. [Name] had her gun pointed at a blonde haired boy -- she had actually thought he was a girl at first glance -- and her knife was threatening to press against the other male stranger's throat. She had his head trapped in her arm brace and the knife was only an inch away from piercing his tan skin. While the other boy simply put his hands up in surrender as [Name] pointed the loaded gun at him.

Levi had both of his swords in an 'x' position around an black haired girl's throat, and was giving her a death glare because she had a sharp knife barely pressing against his stomach. In the middle of the store, there was a really injured male squirming around. It was obvious he was the one who knocked over the shelves and caused all the noise. He was coughing up blood, and his skin was sickly pale -- like that one woman that [Name] and Levi had saw in the Survey Corps building. 

"L-Look guys, we d-don't want any trouble!" The blonde one said nervously while closing his eyes shut. [Name] could see the sweat stains starting to form on his shirt. 

"Levi, what do you think?" [Name] asked, not moving her eyes away from the blonde man. Levi's eyes narrowed at the girl in front of him, "Not sure." 

"Our friend is seriously hurt! We have to help him! Let up go!" The brunette shouted at [Name] and started squirming in her arm. [Name] glared at him and tightened her grip. "Stop struggling," She growled while moving the knife closer to the boy's neck. His sea green eyes looked up at the [h/c] haired girl with a glare. "What's wrong with you?! I need to help him!" He shouted at her. [Name] really wanted to allow him to help his friend -- but she didn't know these people. They had weapons and she didn't know if they were a threat or not. [Name] glanced over at Levi -- asking for his opinion -- and he came her a curt nod. She sighed and loosened her arm, allowing him to run over to his friend. 

The boy crouched down next to the man on the floor. It looked as if he were having a seizure, and he was still coughing up a lot of blood. [Name] looked over the man on the floor, he had short blonde hair with sideburns -- but the rest of his face was covered in his own blood. 

"Thomas, stay with me!" The brunette said, his eyes filled with worry. He held onto his friend's -- Thomas -- blood covered hand. [Name] could have sworn she was a tear fall down from the brunette's face. Even she was slightly concerned. It was strange. Did this man have epilepsy? If he did -- wouldn't it be white foam coming out of his mouth, and not blood? 

"What's wrong with him? Does he have epilepsy?" [Name] asked, not bothering to move towards the two. The brunette shook his head. "No. He doesn't have any health problems. I don't know what's wrong," He explained. Suddenly, the man stopped all at once. His eyes rolled to the back of his head, making it so all you saw was white. The three strangers gasped, and the brunette's mouth fell open. He frowned then put two of his fingers against Thomas' throat; checking for a pulse. 

The brunette slowly took his fingers off then let his hands fall at his sides. "He's gone," He said sadly while looking down at the blood covered tiled floor. 

"Eren, it's o-okay," said the blonde that [Name] had her gun pointed at. 

"No it's not Armin! Because of these people, we didn't get to save him in time!" The brunette -- Eren -- shouted angrily. Levi turned his gaze to Eren and glared at him. 

"From what I can tell, he was like that before we showed up. And if your friend wouldn't have made such loud noise, we probably wouldn't have had to do this," Levi said coldly, yet calmly. Eren opened his mouth to say something, but a inhuman growl came from Thomas' dead body. Everyone's eyes flickered over to the dead body with curiosity. 

"Eren.. I thought you said he was dead," said the girl. Her voice was calm, yet at the same time serious. Eren blinked and stared at the now silent body. "I did. He is. I don't know what that was," Eren said. His voice sounded surprised and shocked. Quickly, Thomas sat up and latched his hands onto Eren's plaid shirt. Eren gasped and tried to pry the cold hands off. Thomas was drooling a mixture of drool and blood -- just like the other things had when [Name] came in contact with Them.