Chapter Thirty: The Escape (Part Two)

[Name] stood hunched over with Eren in front of her, and Sasha behind her. Christa and Ymir were leading the way with Levi following closely behind them then it was Mikasa, Eren, [Name], Sasha, Armin, Connie, and Jean was on the end. They all stayed silent and tried to make their footsteps as quiet as possible. They couldn't risk being hear or seen, it'd be the end for all of them.

        The hallway they were quietly walking in was narrow, long, and plain. The walls and ceiling were plain white (maybe a few old bloodstains here and there) and the floor was only cold, hard cement looking tile. It was like the floors of hardware shops, shiny and slick but also really cold if someone were to talk around on it barefoot. Since the floor was hard as rock and the hallway was narrow and long, they had to be careful. Even the slightest noise would echo loudly down the hallway and would give them away. 

        Christa turned left once they reached one of the four-way splits in the hallway. Ymir was the only one with a weapon, a small handgun that only had about six bullets left in it. [Name] wondered if the other missing bullets were used for killing zombies, or if they were used on something else. Honestly, she wouldn't be even slightly surprised if it were.

        After a few more turns and quietness, they stood in front of the door to the weapon room. The door was just like most of the other doors in the place, heavy looking and probably made of some type of steel or metal. "This is it," Christa said staring at the gray door. 

        "So what are we going to do? Charge in there or something?" Jean asked while he eyed the door.

        "No, stupid. We're going to sneak around, like spies." Eren retorted, rolling his emerald eyes. Jean glared at Eren then looked away, crossing his arms over his chest. 

        Scoffing quietly, Levi narrowed his eyes at the two boys. "Just shut your fucking mouths. Do you want to get caught?" When neither of them said anything, Levi spoke again. "That's what I thought. Now shut up."

        Christa waited until everyone was done talking before speaking, "Eren was right though. We're going to have to sneak past them, it's the only way, really." Eren looked at Jean with a smug face, which Jean rolled his eyes at and ignored him.

        Ymir was the one to open the door. She opened it slowly and quietly, but only opened it so there was a small entry. Quickly, they sneaked in one by one, Ymir being last and shutting the door soundlessly. Christa was right, the room was large. Weapons were everywhere, all kinds and types. Anything from guns and knifes to tools and other sharp objects. It was like they made sure almost everything that could be used as a weapon was stored inside the room. But that wasn't the only thing Christa was right about. 

        Guards. Everywhere. Lots of them, too. They were all either talking to each other and making jokes or quietly strolling around like they were supposed to be doing. They all had the same weapons -- machine guns, all types. [Name] didn't exactly know much about guns, only how to reload and shoot them. And frankly, that's all that really mattered now in the world they lived in now. 

        It was going to be hard, but they knew that. It wasn't going to be an easy trip to Weaponland. 

        Levi glanced around the corner and saw two guards chatting loudly, obviously not caring about their job. He turned back to face the others with his back pressed up against the wall. He pointed to his side with his right thumb and mouthed "guards."

        Sasha and Connie glanced at each other then nodded. [Name] looked at them with question, but once she saw them walking towards the direction Levi just pointed in, she got it. They were going to take them out -- one way or another -- and let the others sneak by. Quietly Connie and Sasha sneaked up behind the two guards, wrapped their arms around their necks, and strangled them until they passed out.

        "Where did you even learn that?" [Name] whispered to them once they gently laid the guards onto the hard floor.

        Connie shrugged. "You learn a lot of things where we were from." [Name] nodded, understanding. 

        The layout to the room was easy but difficult at the same time. The room was a large, open space, but it had rows of shelves. Some with weapons, others with important supplies like ammo. Levi and Mikasa took the guards' guns while [Name] and Sasha took their survival knifes. They weren't that big, but they'd still work to at least injure a guard enough to where they couldn't chase them down. Now the only ones weaponless were Eren, Armin, and Jean. 

        "I should've gotten a gun," Jean whispered angrily. [Name] rolled her eyes.

        "You'll get one eventually. Now be quiet."

Fifteen guards, sixteen weapons, and a few gallons of blood later, the group of escapees were running breathlessly, and bloodily, down the narrow hallway with another eight or so guards running dangerously closely behind them. 

        "Fucking hell! This is all your fault Jean!" Eren shouted as they turned a corner. 

        "Oh whatever! I'm not the one who knocked over that shelve!" Jean yelled back, not bothering to take his eyes off the space in front of them. Eren made a growling noise, but was quickly shut up by Mikasa. "Shut up! Both of you! We don't have time for your fighting!" 

        "We're done! Where are we even going to go?!" Armin shouted as more bullets were shot from behind. Luckily, no one got injured or shot while they were clearing out the guards. That is, until Eren accidentally knocked over a shelve while he was trying to strangle a guard, and that lead them to where they were now. Running. Away from shooting guards.

        Great.

        "Trust me!" Christa said and turned a different way, a way they didn't come from. 

        "Where are we going?!" [Name] asked but followed anyways. Christa said nothing, and Ymir acted like she hadn't heard anything. But they all ended up putting their blinded trust into the two MP's. Christa lead them down another new hallway that had a red door at the end of it. There was a single big, red word right above it.

        EMERGENCY.

        [Name] quickly read the word and prepared herself for zombies. She hadn't seen nor heard any of them in three weeks now. But she was ready for it, for them. And so were the others. After they realized where they were heading, they prepared both their minds and bodies. They were going to be away from this place, not free.

        There is no "free" in this world.

        Three yards. 

        Five more shots fired.

        Two yards.

        Seven more shots fired.

        One yard.

        Eight shots fired. 

        Levi was the first one to burst out of the building and into the outside world. Then quickly they all made it out, the smell of death once again reaching their noses. [Name] had forgotten this smell, now smelling it again just wanted to make her throw up all over again.

        There zombies. Each and everyone one of them moaning for flesh, their arms outstretched and ready to grab. Blood and saliva drooling out of their rotten mouths, and pieces of torn skin dangling down from their body. They couldn't feel it. They couldn't feel anything. They could only do a handful of things, and they all involved killing humans.

        [Name] still wondered why and how these things were made, and who made them. What purpose they hoped to achieve. But right now wasn't the time or place to wonder about those questions, they were getting closer. Both the armed guards and hunger zombies.

        "Ugh! I really hate these fuckers!" Jean shouted over the moans and groans as he shot two of them. The guards came bursting out of the emergency door, but only to become run over by zombies. Their screams slowly died out.

        "There!" Christa shouted, her left arm pointing straight forward. Everyone looked over at what she was pointing at.

        A truck.

        A big, tall, black truck. 

        There were two people in the back of it, shooting, and one person in the drivers seat that was shooting the zombies that go to close with a hand gun. The two in the back were female and male. The girl had long brown hair pulled up into a high ponytail and had thick rimmed glasses, while the man had blonde hair and light blue eyes. The driver had dirty blonde hair and facial hair, not to mention a scowl on his face.

        "Who are they?!" Eren asked as he pulled away from shooting down zombies and started running towards the truck like everyone else was doing. 

        "They're good!" Christa answered and jumped up into the back of the truck. Once everyone else was in the back of the truck and not on the ground, the blonde man shouted at the driver to get going before he turned to face the confused looks of the original group of eight. 

        "My name's Erwin, welcome to the Scouts."

-----------------------
New schedule: Every weekend, mainly Saturday. There might be short updates during the week though.