Chapter Thirty-Six: I Love You

So there might be some major OOC but IF YOU GUYS WANT ROMANTIC IT'S GOING TO HAVE TO BE THAT WAY. Btw, it's pretty short because I have other things I need to do and I can't make it longer (even though I want to but ideas are almost extinct) 

"A date?" [Name] asked, confusion thickly laced in her voice. Her brows were slightly furrowed, and the expression of surprise on her face was easily noticed by one glance. Levi looked back at the candle lit table, his own expression being awkward and uncomfortable. 

        "Yeah, I guess. I mean we've never really had one.." Levi trailed off, not exactly knowing what else to say. This wasn't his first date, but it was the first serious one. All his previous dates were lame and cheap ones, and the girl was never interesting enough for Levi to ask for another. But here he was, on a serious date with an interesting girl.

        "And you did this all by yourself?" [Name] asked, not very convinced by the idea that Levi suddenly set up a cheesy romantic date. Romantic was exactly his style, and [Name] knew that. 

        "Well, I kind of had Sasha help a little," Levi replied, his left hand scratching the back of his neck. [Name] sighed then laughed right afterwards. 

        "Of course," [Name] breathed through her laughs, "I'm guessing she told you about mine and her's conversation?"

        Levi paused, then nodded. "Yeah, about that--"

        "Don't worry about it," [Name] assured, "it's just stupid girl feelings that are bipolar. You really didn't have to do this." Her eyes gestured to their surroundings. 

        "Actually, I did," Levi blurts, taking a step towards [Name] and grabbing her hands in his, "I've been a terrible boyfriend." The word boyfriend felt foreign to him. [Name] looked at him, waiting for him to continue.

        "You already know that I'm not good with feelings," Levi started, locking his eyes with [Name]'s [e/c] ones, "but.. I think I'm ready."

        "Ready? For what?" [Name] asked. 

        Levi looked at her, trying to hide his nervousness. It was strange talking like this, talking about this. But he needed to do it, not matter how uncomfortable it made him. He needed to stop being the emotionless man he was raised as, it only makes him stoop to Kenny's level, and he didn't want that.

        "I love you."

        The three words were quick, rushed out of his mouth. His brain instantly started piling ideas in his mind about why he shouldn't have done what he just did and how much he'd regret it. He didn't know what to expect from [Name]. What if she didn't believe him? What if she thought he was joking? All the bad scenarios kept coming.

        "W-What?" [Name] asked, surprise and confusion not bothering to hide in her tone. Her eyes are blinking fast, almost like she didn't believe what she just heard and saw come out of his mouth. Levi looked down and mumbled the words again.

        "I love you." 

        [Name] heard them correctly and clearly this time. Mouth ajar, and eyes wide, she stared at Levi in surprise. "Levi.." 

        "I know what you're thinking," Levi quickly added," that I'm not serious about it, but I am. I don't want to be like this anymore, but it's going to be difficult for that to happen." His hands squeezed reassuring around hers. [Name] was at loss for words.

        "I don't know what to say," [Name] admitted. 

        "That's okay, perfectly fine. I know it's a huge surprise."

        "It's just.. different. This isn't like the normal you," [Name] replied. 

        "That's the point," Levi explained, "I don't want to be like the normal me."

        "Are you saying you want to change?"

        "For you, at least."

        [Name] smiled, pleased by Levi's attempt to be more romantic. Although she was still surprised by the fact that he told her he loved her, she couldn't deny the facts about herself.

        "I love you too, Levi," [Name] admitted, her smile never disappearing. Levi blinked and looked away, but even in the candle lit light, his blush was still visible. [Name] giggled and placed her hands on his cheeks, turning his head to face her then pulling him to her lips. Levi smiled into the kiss and roughly -- but sweetly -- kissed back.

        His arms got tangled around her waist and her hands got tangled in his hair. His lips are soft, but at the same time aren't describable. Levi backed [Name] up against the table, making her bump into it and make the glasses wobble. [Name] pulled away to check the table, but before she could even turn to look at his Levi grabbed her face and started kissing her again.

        Different? Yes. 

        Good? Absolutely.